Twitchy vague steering

Hi guys,

I was enjoying a spirited drive last night and at a certain, fairly high speed the steering gets incredibly light making the car shimmy as it goes over bumps etc to the point I backed off.

I'm new to Subaru and still feeling my way into its handling. Is this a fairly normal thing for a standard WRX blob to feel so light?

Would upgraded suspension help to just adjust the ride heights to put more weight over the front?

Any help or experiences appreciated, thanks.

Mine was exactly same mate so i put coilovers on and had 4wd alignment done and its perfect now

Mine was to the point where if i was going over 30mph round a corner id be on wrong side of the road.....

Im having a rear arb fitted too but it sounds exact same as my symptoms

Thanks guys,

Checked my tyre pressures today, nsr 16psi osr 42.5psi. You'd imagine buying a car just serviced from a dealer would have at least checked the tyres lol.

I think I'll finish off the tread on the ditchfinders (seriously who puts budget tyres on a wrx?) pick a new set of boots and get it aligned properly. I've only just fitted coilovers tyres and aligned my 328 I don't think I can afford to do that lot again for a few months lol

New plan sell german businesman car 

Pile money into subaru knowing full well you wont ever get it back

The end

Always liked a story with a happy ending lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Rps said:

New plan sell german businesman car 

Pile money into subaru knowing full well you wont ever get it back

The end

A 96 328 coupe with 183k on it won't get me many scooby bits sadly lol.

The handling is a little better with balanced tyre pressures now. I'll look at new wheels and tyres in a couple of months. Currently my time is spent lusting after Hayward and Scott cat back exhausts hehe. I need more burble!