Help Others and Review Your Car
    • Huge Range Of Subaru Parts
      Huge Range Of Subaru Parts
    • 100's of Subarus For Sale
      100's of Subarus For Sale
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

kjpashley

2018 Subaru WRX STI

5 posts in this topic

Good Evening

Shortly going to purchase my first Subaru in August / September 2017 when the 2018 arrives in the U.K., I've got my name down with the dealership. I asked a few questions whether or not there is going to be a special addition that I could purchase like the 2016 S207 NBR challenge (400) package, but he said he wasn't aware of anything coming through, can anyone help.

I also asked if Subaru wasn't bringing a special out then I'd purchase the WRX STI but he couldn't tell me any of the stats 0-60 time etc can anyone help with this also

Thanks

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect power output to remain same with 0 - 60 around 4.7 (depending where you read) l. Biggest changes will be fully electronic DCCD set up and larger brakes (19" rims too). No doubt a few cosmetic changes will be thrown in for good measure.

1 person likes this

I have the 2014 version but understand the 2018MY has a different nose, Recaro seats, (power operated - although I am not sure whether that is for the UK market as I know Subaru do different things for different markets).

As for power upgrades, I have no idea. The dealer I bought mine from discouraged me from power packs as the 2.5L is a bit "soft". This is the same dealer that sells RS Focus with the 375 and 400 pack as part of their service as well, so I held their opinion as being true.

Nothing changes this year except cosmetic upgrade and seats.

19inch wheels(instead of 18inch on current model), and bigger brakes (I would kill for those lime brakes for my STI :D ). Everything else is the same. 2.5l EJ engine as well. UK will not get any special editions. Even US doesn't get too many of them special special editions. They just get launch editions and hyperblue or something of the kind. All those s207s are limited to Japan only, I'm afraid. UK is lowest of the low markets for Subaru, we don't even get WRX here.

Having said that I'm sure it will be cracking car, as my 2017 model is. Neck breaker for sure.

Oh, and also they fiddled with suspension again. MY2015+ already had epic steering rack with great suspension setting, so if they can improve on that more then its amazing.

I asked my dealer about MY2018, and he said its seems like October first shipments and allocation is very limited as well. And Road tax 1st year is £1200, though next 3 years its lower than we pay now, so over 4 years it evens out.

Regarding optional extras, you should be able to add certain things if you want to the config, it is very very limited but still quite a few extras ;)

Anyways, hope time will fly for you, that you don't need to count days till it arrives :D

1 person likes this