• 100's of Subarus For Sale
      100's of Subarus For Sale
    • Huge Range Of Subaru Parts
      Huge Range Of Subaru Parts
    • Help Others and Review Your Car
      Help Others and Review Your Car
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear
    • Up to 15% Saving For Members
      Up to 15% Saving For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.


kjpashley

2018 Subaru WRX STI

31 posts in this topic

Good Evening

Shortly going to purchase my first Subaru in August / September 2017 when the 2018 arrives in the U.K., I've got my name down with the dealership. I asked a few questions whether or not there is going to be a special addition that I could purchase like the 2016 S207 NBR challenge (400) package, but he said he wasn't aware of anything coming through, can anyone help.

I also asked if Subaru wasn't bringing a special out then I'd purchase the WRX STI but he couldn't tell me any of the stats 0-60 time etc can anyone help with this also

Thanks

Kris

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Expect power output to remain same with 0 - 60 around 4.7 (depending where you read) l. Biggest changes will be fully electronic DCCD set up and larger brakes (19" rims too). No doubt a few cosmetic changes will be thrown in for good measure.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 2014 version but understand the 2018MY has a different nose, Recaro seats, (power operated - although I am not sure whether that is for the UK market as I know Subaru do different things for different markets).

As for power upgrades, I have no idea. The dealer I bought mine from discouraged me from power packs as the 2.5L is a bit "soft". This is the same dealer that sells RS Focus with the 375 and 400 pack as part of their service as well, so I held their opinion as being true.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing changes this year except cosmetic upgrade and seats.

19inch wheels(instead of 18inch on current model), and bigger brakes (I would kill for those lime brakes for my STI :D ). Everything else is the same. 2.5l EJ engine as well. UK will not get any special editions. Even US doesn't get too many of them special special editions. They just get launch editions and hyperblue or something of the kind. All those s207s are limited to Japan only, I'm afraid. UK is lowest of the low markets for Subaru, we don't even get WRX here.

Having said that I'm sure it will be cracking car, as my 2017 model is. Neck breaker for sure.

Oh, and also they fiddled with suspension again. MY2015+ already had epic steering rack with great suspension setting, so if they can improve on that more then its amazing.

I asked my dealer about MY2018, and he said its seems like October first shipments and allocation is very limited as well. And Road tax 1st year is £1200, though next 3 years its lower than we pay now, so over 4 years it evens out.

Regarding optional extras, you should be able to add certain things if you want to the config, it is very very limited but still quite a few extras ;)

Anyways, hope time will fly for you, that you don't need to count days till it arrives :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can forget it with that initial road tax !!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 80 is plenty said:

you can forget it with that initial road tax !!!!!!!!!

And insurance :( Mine shot up around £400-500 per year more from last year :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they running decent power standard now?

I know for afew years a golf gti wud eat the new scoobs which to me is embarrasing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rps said:

Are they running decent power standard now?

I know for afew years a golf gti wud eat the new scoobs which to me is embarrasing

Power is still 300hp, but good luck with GTI eating STI. Golf R yes, not GTI ;)

Talking about Golf Rs and Ford RSs of the world, you cannot beat STIs drivers car mentality. You can have all the power in the world, yet fail to be drivers car, where you feel, hear everything. When I got my STI, I was amazed on how I can feel every gear change, feel and hear every turbo spool up. Feel every every corner taken. With all the added weight these days, you wouldn't think STI could be so agile around corners. It might be just me, but I do not buy cars for 0-60 times (well, if I had money, I would get GTR, just for that, but after couple of clutch changes, I would probably give up that habbit :D ), I do not buy cars for maximum speed (not in UK roads anyway). I bought STI because of super ecosystem in place to mod, super community (family) and most of all fun to drive factor. While Golf R and ford RS are fun cars to drive, they feel too artificial and in some places to gimmicky, while STI is pure RAW experience. I had VW before, and will never come back to VW again.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could of just said no u must mean the golf r lol

 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rps said:

You could of just said no u must mean the golf r lol

 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

 

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like i owe u an xmas card now haha

 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I thought the DCCD was already full electric how has it changed ? ... oh and the new rs is they're always down on power always just like the mk2 , 320hp if your lucky and that's if it's dynoed in fwd mode in 4wd they spaz out and you can't get a true reading , the rear diff plates are so fragile if you even wanna track it or run any more power u need a diff cooler, and I think much over 400 the hole unit will need upgrading, and the stupid any moron can drift mode hahaha , what is that all about , and the stupid Lil pops out the exhaust are so lame so pathetic , stick to the sti mate , the rs isn't even on the same page , golf rs have good performance but look rubbish the older one was better , the only cars I would consider over my sti is an a45amg or an rs3 both brilliant cars

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kershaw-330s said:

 

 

I thought the DCCD was already full electric how has it changed ? ... oh and the new rs is emoji90.png they're always down on power always just like the mk2 , 320hp if your lucky and that's if it's dynoed in fwd mode in 4wd they spaz out and you can't get a true reading , the rear diff plates are so fragile if you even wanna track it or run any more power u need a diff cooler, and I think much over 400 the hole unit will need upgrading, and the stupid any moron can drift mode hahaha , what is that all about , and the stupid Lil pops out the exhaust are so lame so pathetic , stick to the sti mate , the rs isn't even on the same page , golf rs have good performance but look rubbish the older one was better , the only cars I would consider over my sti is an a45amg or an rs3 both brilliant cars

 

They indeed are. Just that A45 costs an arm and a leg (I don;t know how Merc gets away with prices like that :D ), same with RS3, even Ford RS has insane mark ups by dealers. And a45 at least when they first came out had issues with engines blowing up quite frequently, have no idea if they sorted it out. RS3 is automatic only, which is eggshell DSG. Good for 8000 miles ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I know the a45 had a huge recall on the Turbos but that was when they first came out , but are !Removed! expencive and I believe that's auto only too , also it's has been know for the spoilers to fly off at high speed and with the amount merc charge for one , you don't want that haha , the rs3 tho the engine is a peach I duno about the gear box tho but also very expensive

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah engine on rs3 is awesome, but gearbox are awesome as long as they work, but that's not for long.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-26 at 9:39 PM, muziqaz said:

Power is still 300hp, but good luck with GTI eating STI. Golf R yes, not GTI ;)

Talking about Golf Rs and Ford RSs of the world, you cannot beat STIs drivers car mentality. You can have all the power in the world, yet fail to be drivers car, where you feel, hear everything. When I got my STI, I was amazed on how I can feel every gear change, feel and hear every turbo spool up. Feel every every corner taken. With all the added weight these days, you wouldn't think STI could be so agile around corners. It might be just me, but I do not buy cars for 0-60 times (well, if I had money, I would get GTR, just for that, but after couple of clutch changes, I would probably give up that habbit :D ), I do not buy cars for maximum speed (not in UK roads anyway). I bought STI because of super ecosystem in place to mod, super community (family) and most of all fun to drive factor. While Golf R and ford RS are fun cars to drive, they feel too artificial and in some places to gimmicky, while STI is pure RAW experience. I had VW before, and will never come back to VW again.

yes i agree, i think the STI is the best ``Drivers`` car and if anyone is worried that it may be underpowered, just get it tuned to 360HP.

the best colour for me looks like either White or Silver..............dark colours show dirt and swirl marks.................unfortunately the best 2016 bargain deals are black or grey ( because of this) , but a white WRX STI ( that's a bargain too) is rare.

 

this one looks great, but it's been debagged at the boot and messed around with, it's probably ok but i'm suspicious..........i dont know much about Subarus so i think i'm being too cautious, it would be nice if a Member here could view her for me :wink: someone who knows much more than me !!!

https://www.proveeda.co.uk/stock/subaru-wrx-sti-2-5-i-sti-type-uk-awd-4dr-3/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks good to me :) low mileage too

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 80 is plenty said:

yes i agree, i think the STI is the best ``Drivers`` car and if anyone is worried that it may be underpowered, just get it tuned to 360HP.

the best colour for me looks like either White or Silver..............dark colours show dirt and swirl marks.................unfortunately the best 2016 bargain deals are black or grey ( because of this) , but a white WRX STI ( that's a bargain too) is rare.

 

this one looks great, but it's been debagged at the boot and messed around with, it's probably ok but i'm suspicious..........i dont know much about Subarus so i think i'm being too cautious, it would be nice if a Member here could view her for me :wink: someone who knows much more than me !!!

https://www.proveeda.co.uk/stock/subaru-wrx-sti-2-5-i-sti-type-uk-awd-4dr-3/

 

 

Boost is at 1.16, which means it has been pushed around, though not fully floored. At that mileage not many things can go wrong with this car, except if it was a test drive car. Even then, these are sturdy f***ers when new ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uuum.............it's a case of this that and the other, it isn't an easy decision.

i think i prefer one ( if you're spending loads of money) that hasn't been fooled around with..........but i deffo like the black roof and spoiler blade, it gives it contrast, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 80 is plenty said:

uuum.............it's a case of this that and the other, it isn't an easy decision.

i think i prefer one ( if you're spending loads of money) that hasn't been goofed around with. 

 

Around 4k more and you have brand new one :P ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes...........i think the ideal car is less than 2000 miles and around 27k 

or a real bargain on a brand new 50-100 mile car, i have seen this but it's rare ............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 80 is plenty said:

yes...........i think the ideal car is less than 2000 miles and around 27k 

or a real bargain on a brand new 50-100 mile car, i have seen this but it's rare ............

When I was shopping for mine, I have seen few "bargains" with very low mileage (less than 100 miles) yet they were 2k less than what other dealers where selling for STIs with around same mileage and same area. I was always suspicious with them, as something did not look right in those deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in scotland there was a silver one......................50 miles only 27k, but he sold it the day i rang up; it was on sale for ages. Silver isn't a popular colour so maybe it's this or maybe they just cant sell them...not sure.

i'm not so much suspicious of this, i'm suspicious of 2000 miles and THRASHED, because the white one i've shown above looks thrashed to me, esp when he's de-bagged it and added the black roof etc.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 80 is plenty said:

in scotland there was a silver one......................50 miles only 27k, but he sold it the day i rang up; it was on sale for ages. Silver isn't a popular colour so maybe it's this or maybe they just cant sell them...not sure.

i'm not so much suspicious of this, i'm suspicious of 2000 miles and THRASHED, because the white one i've shown above looks thrashed to me, esp when he's de-bagged it and added the black roof etc.

 

  

Well whoever bought it, bought it to keep it, thus wrapped roof, spoiler and debadging, but it is possible something went wrong with the car and he/she had to sell it as soon as possible for little money. And since STIs in UK aren't best sellers by any stretch, and dealer got good deal on it, they decided to sell for less.

 

Wrapped roof/spoiler and debadging on its own do not indicate that car was abused. I for one started with similar easy mods, and I'm babying my car :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now