Abnormal Tyre Wear

Linx

The old WRX has recently started wearing the inner most edge of the rear tyres on both sides. I know it's quite recent because I have had the wheels off often over the past 6 months. Is this a sign of any particular bush giving out? The tracking was checked a few months ago and was spot on supposedly. The fronts look fine.IMAG0980.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Just asked as it looks like camber wear and lowering throws the camber out and the rear camber can't be adjusted .

Unsure if the rear control arm or lateral link bushes being worn would throw out the castor enough to cause wear but they might be worth checking

Any idea what the tyre to wheel arch gap should be?

I've had a look at the trailing arms. I can twist them but can't move them in any other direction.

^ 😂 Clive

Anyway OP do you have the oem wheels on or gone to a bigger size ? How often do you check the tyre pressures & what do you have in them ? Any one of many things cam cause un even wear but 90% of the time it's incorrect pressures or an alignment issue ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well I had it laser tracked yesterday. Apparently nothing wrong with the rear. Adjusted the front tracking a bit. When I put new tyres on the rear, I'll keep a close eye on it. The gap between tyre and wheel arch looks OK.