Impreza tuning

Jamiest

Won't be rushing into buying the car that's one thing I never do have found quite a few 05 plates around the 2k Mark fsh etc and mainly.. unmolested.. As for the parts on the other hand I already have a few online baskets waiting for me to press buy lol  was told by sandals the box will only take around 350 so will be happy reaching 300 ballpark. The parts I have in baskets etc at the minute total around a grand .... fuel pump cosworth panel filter sports cat down pipe. cat back exhaust up pipe think that's it off top of my head for now.  Then sandals said for more it's injectors turbo and remap. I've read some people saying a remote boost gauge is a must and yet others say not needed at all. Seems to be alot of controversy on what's needed and what's not etc etc. Thank you all for your help

a 2005 wrx at 2k will be an absolute dog, i would expect double that at around 4k. then to get it to a reliable 300, your prob around the 2k mark on top.

Boost gauge isnt really needed.

4 hours ago, Jamiest said:

Won't be rushing into buying the car that's one thing I never do have found quite a few 05 plates around the 2k Mark fsh etc and mainly.. unmolested.. As for the parts on the other hand I already have a few online baskets waiting for me to press buy lol  was told by sandals the box will only take around 350 so will be happy reaching 300 ballpark. The parts I have in baskets etc at the minute total around a grand .... fuel pump cosworth panel filter sports cat down pipe. cat back exhaust up pipe think that's it off top of my head for now.  Then sandals said for more it's injectors turbo and remap. I've read some people saying a remote boost gauge is a must and yet others say not needed at all. Seems to be alot of controversy on what's needed and what's not etc etc. Thank you all for your help

Sports cat and decat up-pipe would need mapping in... best fit them at the same time as the turbo and injectors so you're only paying for one remap!

Feel free to post any links here to cars you are looking at to get our opinions! As Tidgy said, £2k is quite cheap... even 01 bugs (if they're mint) normally go for closer to 3k

10 minutes ago, Sandals said:

Sports cat and decat up-pipe would need mapping in... best fit them at the same time as the turbo and injectors so you're only paying for one remap!

Feel free to post any links here to cars you are looking at to get our opinions! As Tidgy said, £2k is quite cheap... even 01 bugs (if they're mint) normally go for closer to 3k

Yh just red what you said again my mistake (obviously). Probably information overload. just getting too excited need to calm down. Thanks for telling me again saved me alot of time money and heartache. I just want her 😁  .. So cosworth filter exhaust but not cats fuel filter. O and the car 😂

• Like 1

Oh and be careful when it comes to sports cats... forgot to mention this, not all may pass emissions. You're more likely to pass with a 200cel cat... but not always guaranteed... do some googling on the one you have been looking at. My one is a 2nd hand prodrive and it passed it's mot no problem...

In terms of that car... yeh it's cheap, looks like the offside rear arch is rotten unfortunately... could be a money pit

3 hours ago, Jamiest said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/subaru/subaru-impreza-wrx-turbo-2000-prodrive-pack/1229627352    

Hate the colour but can get that sorted seems cheap??

Cos it needs alot of work.

Arches are shot, they go fromt he inside out so when you see it on the outside its gonna be a big repair. 136k is alot of miles so expect some mechanical issues as well, doesnt work out cheap im afraid.

Cheap car = needs work 99.9% of times.

8 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Cos it needs alot of work.

Arches are shot, they go fromt he inside out so when you see it on the outside its gonna be a big repair. 136k is alot of miles so expect some mechanical issues as well, doesnt work out cheap im afraid.

Cheap car = needs work 99.9% of times.

Genuine question ...not questioning your know how. I see what you and sandals said about the rear arch but with 11 months mot would that not fail the mot ?

6 minutes ago, Jamiest said:

Genuine question ...not questioning your know how. I see what you and sandals said about the rear arch but with 11 months mot would that not fail the mot ?

I doubt it because it's just a panel, it's not structural

2 hours ago, Jamiest said:

I deny to know anything,,,, hahaha no bother, always good to understand why things are what they are.

As sandals says, not an MOT failure. I think only exception is when it gets mega bad and you get jagged edges sticking out, not even 100% sure if that is a fail though to be fair.