100's of Subarus For Sale
    • Up to 15% Saving For Members
      Up to 15% Saving For Members
    • Help Others and Review Your Car
      Help Others and Review Your Car
    • Get Your Club Gear
      Get Your Club Gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Lou

Outback Sat Nav

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,   first post on this site, at the moment I'm at loggerheads with my dealer and Subaru. My Outback is coming up to three years old so I decided to try and update my sat nav which is a Pioneer AVIC-F50BT. There were no instructions on how to do this with the literature that came with the car which I brought at i year old from Subaru, it was a managers car from Subaru in Birmingham. I contacted Pioneer who said these units were OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacture ) and Subaru had their own navigation toolbox site. I accessed the site and to update my sat nav I had to install my SD card supplied with the vehicle. Problem there was no card supplied with the vehicle, my dealer passed it to Subaru who contacted me and said the sat nav was pre loaded and there is no card. My question is how on earth do you update it, not being able to update your sat nav makes it pretty useless, ( perhaps you have to get a new car for the latest update ) Has anyone updated their sat nav if so how. My dealer is still scratching his head, this has been going on for 6 weeks. Can anyone see what their problem is, if so please tell me.

Cheers Lou 

Ive just bought a new Outback and want to update the SAT NAV map to show the recent major road upgrades that have just finished up here in Central Scotland (M8 and M74)

Asked the dealer I bought it from what the website address was and did not get a reply, said he had to check ? So far have heard nothing. (The dealer did supply me with some innacurate information regarding the specification of the Pioneer Unit during the purchase )

Like you I can find nothing in the manual.

The Pioneer is OEM to Subaru but I would suspect that Subaru has an arrangement with another SATNAV company to provide Map information, As you indicate.

I do have the micro SD card in my car. Can you post or send me the web address of the site you were given and I will try to update my Map.

As you say a SATNAV is useless without an up to date map, my car is new and I would want to pursue this within the new consumer purchase regulations if i cant update it

Hi Ianmac I know how you feel it's very frustrating. It took me 5 months to finally sort mine. Because you have a SD card try this site https://subaru-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal I'm in Ireland on hol at moment but if this is no good I have another site on computer at home you can try. My problem was that I never had a card supplied with vehicle 

cheers Lou

Tried that link it took me to Subaru North America with no link to UK maps.

Found another link to Subaru on the net www.subarumapupdates.com  but still no luck. Recognised My micro SD ident number but would not recognise my email address ? Mentions of purchase on the website.

Have I been stitched up by my dealer / Subaru and Subaru want cash to update a map??

When I get back I'll post the link that I used. Basically I put a blank SD card in and downloaded the updates to it then put it in sat nav and transferred it. Surprisingly it was free. 

Lou

Ianmac just sent you a pm

Lou

Been away in the Lake district and N yorks, replied to your PM

ianmac