Coilovers

Piggysniffer

Basically a guy selling "drift" coilovers on eBay, they look pretty nice, anyone heard of them, from Australia ? also he seems to think the hawkeye sti and hawkeye wrx fitment are the same coilover ? They do have adjustable tops

Personally I'd echo what @Tidgy said. Cheap for a reason. Quicken Google of them doesn't turn much up. STI fitment is different from what I've always been lead to believe.

also the link Tidgy posted says something about painting? WTF? Never heard of that...

The steering in my car can only be described as completely and utterly vague, to the point of feeling unsure of the car, it pulls about all over the place a bit too, have ordered 4 new tyres and a set of uprated steering rack mounts, if that don't sort it it'll be new spenshun 😳 And I do fancy coilovers, so probs bc jobbies 

15 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

The steering in my car can only be described as completely and utterly vague, to the point of feeling unsure of the car, it pulls about all over the place a bit too, have ordered 4 new tyres and a set of uprated steering rack mounts, if that don't sort it it'll be new spenshun 😳 And I do fancy coilovers, so probs bc jobbies 

Mine does that when I get on it coming out of a corner😳 🤔😉😂

Cheers fellas, @Seminole81, mine does it driving in a straight line, it's gotten worse, feels like steering not connected to road at times, first part of turn in feels horrible and vague, tbh it's got 2 worn micelins on one side, and two half decent potenza on the other, one potenza is a run-flat, so has a stiffer sidewall than all the others lol, time for new rubber

Avoid at all costs lol 

Tein street advance are resonably priced i had mine fitted a month ago after much research and im very happy

4 minutes ago, Rps said:

Avoid at all costs lol 

Tein street advance are resonably priced i had mine fitted a month ago after much research and im very happy

Yeah they're probably the best reasonably priced coilovers I'd say based on my research as well.

KW or Bilstein if you've got mega money. Why do you want coilovers, just out of curiosity? Would springs not suit better? I'm looking to do springs soon...can't decide on trying the Whiteline ones (not much on them), Tein, or go for Eibach...

Also I've read and done research @Piggysniffer, anti lift kit and ARB help massively apparently, and then springs/coilovers afterwards. Some places do a combo of everything fitting for about £1k (think ScoobyWorld did?). I would love to do that, but for now I just want to get a bit lower and rid myself of the gap 😳

I also just wanted less gap but i had 2 nocking shocks so coilovers were more cost effective the ride is 1000 times better as a result too my car had enormous body roll but now has hardley any

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Rps said:

I also just wanted less gap but i had 2 nocking shocks so coilovers were more cost effective the ride is 1000 times better as a result too my car had enormous body roll but now has hardley any

Depends all on how deep your pockets are and what you want (to do). Ideally I'd want Koni's with something like Eibach springs...but for that price you can get coilovers...but I probably wouldn't want to adjust coilovers anyways, so would it not be better to stick with springs and new performance shocks, which I believe it was most performance cars run on?

Thats why there are many options on the market.me personally its coilovers all the way but some may just want springs n shocks

3 minutes ago, Rps said:

Thats why there are many options on the market.me personally its coilovers all the way but some may just want springs n shocks

Too many options...like Ferrari's. You buy a Ferrari, it should be red. The end.

Well, have had 4 new toyo proxes t1r fitted, car feels !Removed! awful, feels like driving a blancmange, doesn't feel connected to the road at all, I'm hoping this is down to new tyres needing breaking in ? And maybe I have my rear arb set too hard, feels like the rear is gonna switch round on me if I give it a quick direction change twice, have only driven for bout 2 miles so far, got a 24 on the back set to the middle hole and a standard one on the front, gonna put the 22 on the front tomoz, have a look at the steering rack mounts (new ones ordered), and maybe have a fiddle with the camber lol, an alignment check is in the pipeline once all checks out, just feels so vague it's shocking

May sound a bit daft, but you haven't hit any kerbs lately have you? I had a car once that felt like it was disconnected and it turned out something was bent on the front TV link from the previous owner smacking into a kerb at a decent speed...

19 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

Well, have had 4 new toyo proxes t1r fitted, car feels !Removed! awful, feels like driving a blancmange, doesn't feel connected to the road at all, I'm hoping this is down to new tyres needing breaking in ? And maybe I have my rear arb set too hard, feels like the rear is gonna switch round on me if I give it a quick direction change twice, have only driven for bout 2 miles so far, got a 24 on the back set to the middle hole and a standard one on the front, gonna put the 22 on the front tomoz, have a look at the steering rack mounts (new ones ordered), and maybe have a fiddle with the camber lol, an alignment check is in the pipeline once all checks out, just feels so vague it's shocking

Maybe knackered steering rack bushes?

Maybe mate, didn't seem to move much with a little pry bar, will change them anyway, have not hit any kerbs or anything at all @Seminole81, I've put the front arb on, no difference really, dropped the rear bar down to its lowest rating on the back which seemed to help a bit, it's just got a really odd feeling like its floating go around on the sidewalls when you change direction, have put 40osi in all round, better but still not right, could this really be new tyres break in period ??, oh forgot to say, it's fine in a straight line and grippy in the corner, but it's the sloppy feeling as you make a direction change that's nasty