Classic gearbox

Swino

Hi all my clutch has finally gone so time has come to swap the gearbox and clutch as the gearbox has been crunching for almost a year now I brought a gearbox a few months back but never unwrapped it opened it up today and found it has a different code to mine it was suppose to be ty752vb3aa but it's a ty752vb3ca can anyone tell me what gearbox this is and if it would use same rear diff as mine I got a rear diff with it but if there the same it's one less thing to change thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Found this:

"Basically each type of synchronizer says the number of frictional faces used for synchronization.  In case of single cone only one friction face is available for entire shift cycle. But in case of double and triple multiple friction surfaces are working together hence the effort to shift gear will gradually reduce."

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-1st-and-2nd-gear-need-double-synchro-cone

Found this:

"Basically each type of synchronizer says the number of frictional faces used for synchronization.  In case of single cone only one friction face is available for entire shift cycle. But in case of double and triple multiple friction surfaces are working together hence the effort to shift gear will gradually reduce."

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-1st-and-2nd-gear-need-double-synchro-cone

I want 1 now that sold it haha

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Phillip1993 said:

Probably why a lot of newer cars gear changes are so effortless... makes you wonder what the gearstick is even connected to! At least with the scoob it all feels very solid, mechanical and therefore MANLY

Probably why a lot of newer cars gear changes are so effortless... makes you wonder what the gearstick is even connected to! At least with the scoob it all feels very solid, mechanical and therefore MANLY

I must admit I do like to feel something at the end of my stick ;) haha