ICE Upgrade - any recommendations

Now that I know my car is on a sound footing, I'd like to start thinking about upgrading my head unit.

On my must have list are DAB, Bluetooth, Double DIN and the ability to hook up to a reversing camera (if not already part of the package).

Don't want to spend silly money, just something more up to date with said features really.

Any starters for ten please?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Is that a unit you already have mate, or have you seen and heard it in action, or has it been recommended to you?

Just did a bit of digging, wanted Bluetooth rear camera compatibility as the review is cack in the ford, sub out as have an underseat one, had Kenwood in the past and always been happy with the sound,

It's last year's model so a bit cheaper, the new ones are 350 ish

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I went with a Pioneer. Was going to go for the newer all singing and dancing touch screen only versions, but I'm glad I didn't if I'm honest. I like having the option of being able to touch a button (very useful when going over bumpy roads). Got a 2015 model late last year for £175 shipped which I thought was an alright price. Love the sound quality of Pioneer, don't think you can go wrong with them or Alpine. Unit is nice, has Bluetooth, reverse camera option (debating on buying one, but don't really NEED it), DAB, etc. the DAB is only good if you mount to the window mind, so bear that in mind. Overall though, I'm happy, especially with being able to customize the background 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an alpine man picked a BT 530 head unit up off fleabay about 18 months ago for £150. Has Bluetooth and cable for iOS or android fone connection reverse camera connection as well as multiple outputs 4 amps and sat nav connection ( picked sat nav box up off fleabay years ago cheap for previous alpine head unit ) love a bargain👍👍 look on car audio centre website they do some decent units at discount prices 

• 3 weeks later...

Alpine or Pioneer can't go wrong. Alpine if you've got ££££ if you're buying new. Traded for that mechless, no DAB but I doubt I'll miss it if I'm honest. Have to have a awful looking antenna mounted on your glass somewhere to get decent reception.

Did you choose one in the end?

I bought the Pioneer SPH-DA120 soon after getting my car 3 years ago and it's been brilliant.Mind you I had a friend who worked at Halfords at the time though so got it at staff discount rates which made it a good price for the features it offers. Sound quality is very nice and got all the bells and whistles of multiple usb ports, Bluetooth, Apple car play, dab radio, reverse camera, customisation with any background you want and light colours, Apple car play which has proved useful and looks really tidy on the car.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/apple-carplay/pioneer-sph-da120-car-stereo-with-apple-carplay

Got to save some pennies first mate. Hoping to be able to move on it before xmas. All recommendations are still most welcome [emoji106]