Alloy wheel help

I'm looking to change my wheels but i'm a bit unsure on the sizing,  first time I've looked into getting wheels and it's so confusing.

The set I was looking at are the RAYS Gram Lights 57DR, I'm having some difficulty finding out if they will fit properly or if they will at all. The sizes available are..

18x8.5" 5x114.3 ET38 or 18x9.5" 5x114.3 ET38

Would either of those fit? would I need to anything extra to get them to fit? or is the ET38 offset too low?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Yeah I  have an STI apparently they will clear the STI Brembo brake calipers,  i'm just concerned they will stick out too much because of the off set.

Thanks Jay,  yeah thats my existing wheel size.

using the calculator you can see the 8.5 gives you 17mm further out, which might be ok, fill the arches a little more the 9 gives you 30mm which will def be outside your arches but depends on the look you are going for

Yes the calculator is good but also the face I've the wheels will make a difference. If you run a concave wheel face you can run a lower offset and still clear the brakes, I'm sure you will be ok if you run the 9inch if you run the same tyre size as long as your no silly low , I'm interested in how this goes I'm hoping to go wider wheels in the future as the 330s wheels look horrid lol

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

The Tyres I'm currently using are Pilot Sport 4,  I don't mind a little bit of extra width I just don't want to be too far off and end up stressing the wheel bearings more.   Would I need to roll the fenders with these alloys or alter the suspension do you think? 

I'm sure Rays website had a thing that tells you firmer for our cars because I was looking at them not so long ago. Lush allloys. Lemme know with what you get and photos! I was tempted for 9", but i dunno if it's too far out for my liking.

• 2 months later...