Which heads

Swino

Hi all in the planning stage of building/buying a new engine but unsure on heads I can use or what can be done to mine when I had it mapped the mapper said there not very good something to do with the valves any help would be great I'm going to try hit the 400-450 and thinking 2.1 stroker or just 2.0 forged and car is a v1 wrx

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Will they work fine with my car then I'll get looking for some what would be best for fast road 2.1 stroker or forged 2.0 I'll be using my td05 but it's being converted to front entry being rotated and either 18g or 20g with billit wheel

1 hour ago, Jay762 said:

Yes they should work fine with your car.

here is some information on reputably the best subaru heads

http://rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/store/product/600-genuine-subaru-ej207-avcs-spec-c-big-port-cylinder-head-right-hand

you can get twin avcs big port as well, i would say they are the best, but if your starting to worry abotu that sort of thing your gonna be going waaaay up the power band.

1 minute ago, Tidgy said:

you can get twin avcs big port as well, i would say they are the best, but if your starting to worry abotu that sort of thing your gonna be going waaaay up the power band.

where can you source those or is it a particular version you have to get engineered?

Yeah jdm big ports are better but also more expensive, not a straight fit in a classic , you'd need a avcs loom splicing in and a expensive ecu upgrade to make them work [emoji6]

V3/v4 sti heads ain't cheap compared to other classic heads , expect to pay £350 to £500 a pair . Probably the next cheapest option would be to upgrade the valves ,springs ,buckets , cams ect in any v1 to v4 heads . Although that would probably be overkill for your target power imo .

V1 sti heads have sodium filled valves but I'm unsure if v2sti or v2sti ra have too but a pair of those would see mid 400's before any noticeable restrictions Afaik

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Things are getting abit expensive with all this choices the v3 v4 sti sounds like the easiest option found a few v3 sti engines but not willing to split so may just buy the engine then build that that way don't need to take mine off the road until it's finished

Just a shame the only sti engines that have a cdb are the v1 sti's and a handful of v2sti ra's .

As you could've cleaned, prepped , painted and rebuilt the whole thing before removing yours (meaning less downtime ).

Have you got a budget in mind ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The most annoying thing is there is an Impreza on my drive with a forged cdb been there for over a year and will stay they there for a couple more years I'm thinking around 3000 for the engine build already sorted turbo then it will be just injectors I'll do most the build myself except machine work