2006 2.0RE with twin exhausts

Emgee

Hi, I have tried the search function but can't seem to find the answer although it appears it might be a popular subject! Title describes the car - it's the 2.0RE but it has twin exhaust. The section of exhaust that starts after the CAT and then splits to the two exhausts is blowing at that flange which has rusted away. Everywhere I look online lists the 2.0RE has having just a single exhaust, the only twin exhaust system is on the 2.5l Legacy. My question is simple - will the twin section from the 2.5l fit onto my 2.0l twin exhaust system? I can't see why it wouldn't but wanted to check first. Please advise...

Many thanks, Mark

• Like 1

I think they would - however I do not know for sure - what si your budget, would you consider getting a longlife or cobra stainless steel system as they will fit it for your motor to your requirements?

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

I have bumped this from when I asked months ago - still have the same problem but now much worse. Can't find a replacement flange anywhere! All I need is to replace the rusted flange with the olive joint inside - this could be cut off of another exhaust that has been replaced for other reasons. 

Can anyone suggest a breaker, exhaust fitter, garage anywhere that might have removed an exhaust from a Legacy (or other model if the same)? It's uneconomic to replace the whole exhaust and apart from it being very noisy, the car is tip-top nothing wrong with it. 

Please help!!!

Cheers, Mark

Don't know anyone down your way but when I've had problems like that in the past have mostly gone to Custom Chrome in Nuneaton who keep just about every sort of flange, box and section. They will do either mild or stainless steel. You have to book an appointment but they have always made exactly what I asked for and it has lasted as long as I've had the car at reasonable prices. I think Franklins in Northampton offer a similar service.