Hi all

Im new here i use to own a subaru impreza 3 yrs ago then regrettable sold it, 3 years pass i found it for sale in a pretty bad state, so it got the better if me and i brought it back, then the fun begin i have done alot to this car maybe to my taste amd not every one elses but, but im very proud of it, if any one is around my local area your more then welcome meet, or acknowledge when seen. 

Hope to get to know some you guys and share advise

IMG_4659.JPG

Hi Beags

Currently so far I have done the following

Full Engine Rebuild

uprated intercooler

uprated turbo 20g

uprated fuel pump and regulator

coil overs all round with pillow ball top mounts

Strut Braces (under body) + engine

turbo back exhaust

Bov

Boost Controller

there is so many photos and more that I have done in the 6 month period

This is ready for its remap at surrey rolling road in the next month

Really excited to see what figure she will push, I'm not that fused about power compare to reliability so as long as I hit the 300 figure I will be happy :)

I was Wondering about the boost but due to the turbo upgrade I had no choice to take off the boost solenoid because it could not control the pressure no more so when I spoke to Surrey rolling road they advised to scrap the genuine one keep it harnessed in until I arrive at the shop as that will keep all lights off dash which has worked great I have not stuck it in boost properly until the remap is done, but was told to get a manual one and set to standard pressure until he configures the car,

The car is garaged and is not my day to day.

Looks good mate 

With regards to the opening post Always remember do whatever you like to your car looks wise fu ck what every1 else says is right or wrong lol

Get some more pics up 😊

• Like 2

surrey rolling road is rented out to a guy called? andy i think and he travels to do the maps between places just like jolly green moster use to do, 

you sound like you have experience from there, any info or advice with regards to a place to have it mapped would be much appreciated

Could it be Andy forrest if so loads of people rave about him on here mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

thats the one thats how i had a convostaion with him, pretty smart i thought, hopfully i should have any issues iv had no problems to the advise he has given me so far, just meed to save the pennies to get it done as its not cheap 

1 hour ago, Andy. said:

thats the one thats how i had a convostaion with him, pretty smart i thought, hopfully i should have any issues iv had no problems to the advise he has given me so far, just meed to save the pennies to get it done as its not cheap 

You should be absolutely fine with that particular mapper !, I won't go into details, just saying reasearch mappers very very well before you have any work done

• Like 1

Nah that's good to hear - iv spoken to another company Scooby clinic I think it was and had a chat with those guys and they explained to me there is a chance that when you remap the ecu the mappers can frag it by accident in other terms messed up your ecu and then your screwed and have to pay for a replacement or a piggyback ecu apparently this happens often so that's why he gave me a heads up, me not so confident now

With that info I related it to andy forrest and he explained this is not a common issue at there branch and I should not have any issues but please bear in mind there is a chance this may happen still

Any One on here had any issues with there ecu from having it professional mapped

Hi Andy..

Like yourself, am new here..

Cant comment on other remappers, but I used Bob Rawle in Swindon.. Awesome bloke, very professional and have yet to meet anyone more knowledgable about scoobies than him.. Believe he was the first in the world to remap an impreza over 300bhp, even though Subaru themselves believed it could not be done.. He went on to develop their ecu sofware..

No rolling road with Bob.. As he said to me "how often do you drive on a rolling road then?".. Had some interesting runs up a nice road near Swindon with loads of stuff hooked up to the car while he remapped it.. End result was 323bhp (from 280bhp stock) but it is the way the power is delivered that is so impressive.. Silky smooth..

Brmm brmm..