Sway bars and drop links

Crispy

Oracles,

Sorry if this topic has been done to death...

I'm slowly trying to improve the handling my 2.5XT. After a little understeering incident and experience of a whiteline ARB on a past Golf, I want to replace my standard sway bar.

Can anyone advise on what make/diameter is best for road and hopefully occasional track days? Also whether I should be buying new rear drop links and if the front droplinks are worth doing at the same time?? 

Cheers 

22mm rear adjustable bar on the rear, best £ for £ mod in my opinion, don't worry about changing the front as once the rears changed the understeer will be pretty much gone,

I'd look at updating the mounts too depend on what the new age ones are like, the sf foz were pants and bent easily

Solid metal droplinks are another worthwhile upgrade too, not sure if the xten has the Lollypop shape ones at the back or c shape

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shame you've not asked a month ago, had a rear bar (classic) wouldn't fit but the mounts and what not would of.

There's others, eibach, perrin are worth a look but the WL stuff is easier to get hold of, not sure what the difference in price is between the three,

impartsb46 (eBay seller) had rear bars prodrive I think worth a look as were only 50quid brand new

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rear drop links on SG onwards are standard metal ball joints so just stick with them but if need replacing use MEYLE HD ones as seem best from what we tried.
Whiteline is simplest kit get hold of, don't bother with the swaybar brackets as way way cheaper strengthen original ones by welding support plates to them (easily unbolt to work on or take to a welding/fabrication shop) .
Other things check is rear struts as saggy/failing SLS struts give loose rear end as does poor tyre choice, old tyres, mismatched set, wrong pressures etc .