Subaru Newbie Turbo 2000

Ash007ks

Yes I like the bug , I drive a 02 impreza GX its a quirky looking front a guy I know who had never saw one B4 actually thought I had a " TOYOTA COROLLA " !!!! I was miffed to say the least but When I saw one a 2001 model I saw they both have round headlights and to a non savvy car person they would think they were the same !!! . I am saving up to change my lights I am modify ing my front and rear to look like a hawk eye

• Like 1

:lol:  :lol:  They will let you know the final bill they mean ;) Well hope they look at it for free I don't know any places that will charge to look at a car. I even know my mate will make small repairs to people cars without charging. 

the minute that they try to charge me more ill be ringing loyds TSB to cancel transaction of the sale, + side of paying with the credit card I guess, if they cant delivery customer service then god help them.

• Like 1

There not allowed to bill your credit card again or for more money without your permission or you being there so shouldn't worry about that. And as you said before they will only get away with giving bad custom for so long and word will soon spread around the Subaru scene  

The story gets even better, turns out they have apparently mapped my car without even having the boost solenoid attached, that in itself is a true work of art, :rolleyes: I have a feeling that ive been had at the moment lol.

Yeah my mate pointed it out as he was showing me blanking plug number 3, then the dreaded question, are you sure this has been remapped, followed by yes why ? when they must be miracle workers as solenoid aint connected :huh:

Well the results are disappointed, the boost solenoid was hooked up again, and immediately this gave my car 21psi :o  however a few more issues arose, my airbox lid wouldn't should and as its got oversized pistons the knock sensor thinks my car is knocking, so it made a disappointing 260lb torque and 256bhp :( they even had cheek to ask me to pay £60 again, I bartered and got a Apexi Cone filter thrown in. so guess its Saving time :)

• 7 months later...

weeeeeeeeell this thread has been dead for a while.

So incase people was wondering ;);)

Went in for the usual rocker gasket jobby.

however, loads of oil on the engine indicated a little horror No gaskets at all, the timing was just about to be checked when we realised the tensioners were not seated right. the horror then continued......

The problem was found to be the previous plant pot (owner) decided to cheap out and put two newage B dots and Two A dots in my Class B close deck block.

For anyone wondering, This IS BAD two of my cylinder walls are scuffed and obvious i will need two new pistons.

the heads well where to start, rather than using the appropriate bolts, he has used ones that were way too big, so one of the heads and cams were totally shot.

Gasket o where art thou Gaskets, Again cheaped out and used sealant on EVERY single part that needed a gasket.

So what was the plan, well i was going to break the car and cut my losses, however i dont know what it is, maybe the total lack of rust but i cant put my finger on it why i cant get rid.

So the build took a back seat as Martin had agreed to look after my car till the parts where sourced and he had a little more time on his hands.

A local scrounge on eBay found a guy selling Some awsome looking STI V6 heads with cams and bolts and everything i needed. £300 a bit steep to what i wanted to pay and he was knocked down to £220 posted :) result. T heads came and where found to be in prestine condition and look like have uprated cams :)

TD04L Pointless turbo for the power i wanted, again a late night search on eBay and i found a TD05 for Auction, a Cheeky last min bid of £79 posted and it was mine.

And then the build sat still for a while, I found a new love, the Skyline, however the lack of 4WD and Clenching like a !Removed! round every roundabout when it spits rain made me realise i want my scooby back, So the hunt continued for parts.

while trawling through eBay AGAIN i came across an auction, a guy selling a Gen STI Newage Intercooler but wanting to buy a Classic one at the same time, £70 and a deal on my old one and it was mine. I initially looked  at a front mount, however i prefer the stealthier look of the top mount and DID not want to cut my front bumper for the sake of loosing my P1 style splitter.

Read a few threads and quickly realised i needed a fuel pump to power the new power house, A scooby Worx 290lph was ordered as soon i will be going for decent power. The thread also mentioned boost controllers, not really wanting to go that route as im going to save for a Simtek or similar i opted for Scooby Worx's 3 Port Boost solenoid for both items was a cool £143 delivered.

Total so far £500+ which considering the parts i have ended up getting i think is pretty decent.

The car is planned to go into GRS performance in Rotherham where it will be mapped, once the dreaded run in phase is done ofc, Im hoping to see around the  350BHP, but with the turbo i think 320-330 is more likely.

More to follow.........

• Like 2

haha im going down once the parts have arrived, im just happy i managed too get a decent top mount as really didnt want to cut the bumper or the wing,

anyone used the Apexi FC Ecu as debating that for mafless ??

• 2 weeks later...

engine has been split and looked at, both the crank and rods are in good condition thank god.

however still need, 

X4 pistons

New oil Pump

New Water Pump

Gaskets.

new Clutch (not needed but while engine is out)

Wish list, as ive decided to go Rambo on it,

6 Speed STI box

Simtek Ecu

Forge Pistons and Rods

Should do nicely for what i want.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

• Like 1

It's a game with 2 halves lol

glad to see you've got it split now bud .

I picked up some Brian crower rods up which came from real street performance in the states .apparently they're pretty good at marking up the packages so you don't get hit to hard with import tax ;-)

Advanced automotive are worth a look for mahle pistons but ,don't get the 750 hp race spec ones unless you're gonna turn up the power. As the 500 hp ones

are much quieter under normal driving temps .

I found the best prices on the net for my acl bearings, arp head studs , block bolts , gaskets and full timing belt kit .then phoned luke @ icp and he priced matched most of them :-)

Best of luck n keep us posted fella

• Like 2

yeah ive priced the pistons and rods up, for forged your looking around £750, then ive got the honing and over bore, its going to be lovely and cheap, but may as well just go in balls deep now as i think im passed the point of no return lol.

Ill check those sites out though bud :) thanks for the heads up.