Stock exhaust what to expect?

bobert

Im currently returning my 97 turbo 2000 complately back to stock (bit of a purist), I recieved the stock exhaust backbox the other day and I'm having second thoughts on replacing it. This is my first turbo scooby so I've never noticed any difference exhausts can make. I'm not interested in the noise, just if there will be any noticable power loss. I've attached a picture of the backbox that came with the car, I don't know if it is genuine STI or not, the box itself looks identical to the stock one but the tip is wider and single exit.

Will I notice a difference? Cheers

IMG_3492.jpg

I had a similar back box and standard centre section when buying my 2000 Impreza. I change the centre and rear to a 3in less restrictive system and gained 23hp iirc. 211hp standard and went up to 234hp. I don't know what the original power was as a comparison so standard figure is based on Parker's and other reviewing sites.

The oe back box on my uk turbo was so quiet you couldn't even hear the iconic scooby burble . So much so that my petrol head mrs said i had to buy a louder system [emoji41]

If you want oe looks but better flowing and it to be stainless steel, i think haywood and scott makes a "scooby sport" back box with the oe looking "twin pea shooter" outlet