Drifting with DCCD?

Looking for anyone with an Impreza/ WRX STI that features a DCCD and tried to drift with the biased to the rear wheels and how well it can actually slide? 

Also when fully on rear biased fully, what is the power split? 

In a year or so i want to upgrade to a 2012 - 2017 WRX STI (undecided which) yet I also like the idea of a BRZ for the sideways fun... so wondered if having DCCD is a good best of both worlds?

Any thoughts? Opinions?

Well technically the power difference is always 41-59 , the dccd allows different amounts of slip between the front and rear wheels , when the wheels are in full lock the front wheels will spin at the same speed as the rears , that's why it judders if you go slow round tight corners . But when fully open the rear wheels will do roughly 2 revolutions I think before the front wheels will pull you away . This is under slip conditions

I recon fully locked would make any Scoob drift although sketchy because all the wheels will be spinning at the same speed , where as in fully open it may be harder to create the drift but more of a true rear wheel drift.

Although I may be getting my wires crossed , I don't ever intentionally try to drift my car lol . But that's my two cents

There is a really good vid from Subaru on this online ,

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Well technically the power difference is always 41-59 , the dccd allows different amounts of slip between the front and rear wheels , when the wheels are in full lock the front wheels will spin at the same speed as the rears , that's why it judders if you go slow round tight corners . But when fully open the rear wheels will do roughly 2 revolutions I think before the front wheels will pull you away . This is under slip conditions

I recon fully locked would make any Scoob drift although sketchy because all the wheels will be spinning at the same speed , where as in fully open it may be harder to create the drift but more of a true rear wheel drift.

Although I may be getting my wires crossed , I don't ever intentionally try to drift my car lol . But that's my two cents

There is a really good vid from Subaru on this online ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, i'll take a look :D I'm not sure on this either, but interested to see what it's capable of as my last 3 cars we're BMWs and I quite enjoyed taking them to open track drift days etc. and would like to see if a scooby is capable of it! 

I know AWD is a whole different ball game and enjoying in its own right... but if i can have the best of both worlds, happy days!

I set the diff. to open and you hammer the gas to get the rear tyres to break loose. Do a Scandinavian flick to help whip then back end out. It's possible, but mucher harder because of the AWD. I only do it when it's wet and on late shift. But it's probably not the best for our cars as you pretty much have to be bouncing it off the rev limiter...