Help please oil leaking

Turboshiftaru

Can someome please help, im really trying to find out where the hell this oil leak is coming from, it can either the rocker cover or an oil leak from somewhere underneath. I get a really bad smell if i drive hard then it starts smoking a lil a white smoke it looks like oil please help

IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

32 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

Could be a rockercover gasket , have you taken the leafs off and had a look , best thing to do Is clean all the oil off best you can the go for a lil drive , then look may help you locate the leak

Looks like it is the rocker cover would you know much that would be to repair that leak

Gasket kit is about 25-30 for both sides and half moon's it's a bit of a pain think I paid about 100 quid for mine doing (both sides)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Or you can avoid being a !Removed! and save yourself labour cost [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji8]

Easy enough job to do. Take a few hours if it's your first go. Ideal opportunity to do a plug change too if it's coming up for a service.

Gasket kit is about 25-30 for both sides and half moon's it's a bit of a pain think I paid about 100 quid for mine doing (both sides)  

Or you can avoid being a !Removed! and save yourself labour cost [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji8]

Easy enough job to do. Take a few hours if it's your first go. Ideal opportunity to do a plug change too if it's coming up for a service.

Or you could look at it this way, and you could stop being a tight !Removed! and pay someone else to do it if you don't fancy removing the washer bottle, Battery, dipstick tube, airbox and other bits that get in the way before you've even got to the rockers,

Plus the reg number may not necessarily bring you up the right parts, we tried 3 different gasket kits before we had a match, so if you take it to a mechanic least they will be able to get all parts on sale or return basis and not have to possibly wait 3 days for new ones to turn up.

I could have done it but hate gaskets and getting them seated so didn't mind paying for someone to do it for me

Just think of all that cash sat outside that doesn't move anywhere 😂

If you are doing a diy job may as well do the plugs at the same time if don't know history of car,

No point putting old ones back

7 minutes ago, stants said:

Just think of all that cash sat outside that doesn't move anywhere 😂

If you are doing a diy job may as well do the plugs at the same time if don't know history of car,

No point putting old ones back

Wait does the plugs have to come out when i change the rocker cover gasket

4 hours ago, Turboshiftaru said:

Wait does the plugs have to come out when i change the rocker cover gasket

No but you need to remove the coil packs... if the plugs haven't been done in a while, you may as well change them as they are accessible at this point. I did it when i changed my gasket last year