Forester 2.5 XT SG Facelift Clutch

Hughieboy

Hi All,

I have a 2006 XT SG Facelift manual and it has a really heavy clutch. I've heard somewhere that this is usual on Facelifted SG's and that a heavy clutch is normal. I was hoping someone could confirm this or otherwise, I haven't had one of these before and it really is stiff, like if you're in stop/start traffic you put it in neutral before your foot goes numb stiff! Other than this it operates as it should and I don't want to spend £800 getting it replaced to find out there was nothing wrong with it!

Hope someone who knows better than me can advise, many thanks!

Can't say about how heavy they are@Mrb is your man for that kind of question but if you take the car to a decent independent you should be able to get the clutch replaced for half of the quoted price

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't sound normal to me from your comments, some can get a bit heavy when done the miles but sounds like clutch cover or perhaps pedal hydraulics got issue (cover normally as we done a few), if car been tuned at all could also be a heavy sprung clutch been fitted .
New clutch fitted wouldn't be more than £500 from experienced independent, super easy pull boxes on these and clutch kits sensible prices .

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Mr B..... are there any elements of that that can be checked at home by an amateur tinkerer or is it a ramp and gearbox out job?Could do without spending £500 unless I have to, I've spent a fortune on this !Removed! motor since I bought it... (replaced secondary air pump and valves/fuel sender/fuel pump/exhaust back box/coil packs)..... not to mention a set of tyres! It was supposed to be a cheap motor but I've had my fingers burned..... :-/