Strange central locking?

Hey guys

When un/locking the car I have to be stood right next to it for the remote to work and even then I have to press the button multiple times. It's all standard as far as I know and it's got a sigma alarm.

49eefb2ca39ded8aeb8a51da73cb734c.jpg

I gather these are the right keys for a 2009 GH?

95c4b3fade33bd6a7b8264b6332ef69d.jpg

Put this here incase anyone needs to see it.

Any ideas on how to make the remote work properly? I've changed the Battery in the key but no improvement.

Thanks

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

The ariel for the alarm is probably wrapped up underneath the dash. May be worth seeing if you can locate it and unravel it a bit. Has worked for other people in the past

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I read a thread about someone who had a Forester who had the same problem. They managed to locate the wire behind the glove box but mines not there. Is there any sites that would show where it could be housed?

My car has mood swings itll either work from a mile away or i have to about lay on the car to get it to open lol

• Like 1

Lol [emoji23]I've always got to be an inch away, mines never worked far away. Tried calling Subaru, waiting for them to reply to me. Will post what they say about its whereabouts if they know.

Right they finally called back. Apparently the receiver module for the central locking is behind the glove box, either to the left or the right. It should be mounted on a metal plate and it should have Sigma printed on it (if you have a sigma alarm)

Will have to have a check when I get home. But from what I can tell, wouldn't the metal plate it's mounted on be hindering the signal in the first place?

That's all Subaru could provide me with, other than change the Battery in the fob. If all else fails he said take it to Subaru so they can check themselves and find out what's going on.

Find the Ariel and unravel 1st off, 2nd the sigmas are prone to interference so if you live near high voltage cables or comms masts this plays havoc with the alarm, one member had to push his car 500yards away from a power substation to get his to work !

• Like 1

Ok will do, I'll give it a shot tomorrow in hopes of finding the Ariel. Thankfully don't live near High cables or substation so I can cross that off [emoji106]

The poor sod who had to push his car though, bugger that! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tried finding the receiver module at the weekend but couldn't locate it anywhere! Behind the glove box is the pollen filter housing and under that is a chamber that connects to the housing with what looks like a small motor of sorts to draw the crap to the filter? And this takes up all the room! The module wasn't either side of it nor under the drivers side. So knowing my luck it's behind the dashboard! I've tried looking for a Haynes manual for my year of Impreza but can't find that either. Do they do a manual?