My 2006 hawk STI

Hey up

Not long been a member on here so thought I'd share a few pics of my new pride and joy. It's a 2006 (56) impreza STI type uk in wr blue. I'm only the second owner from new, it has 78k miles with fsh and completely original. It's in really decent condition, just a few stone chips. 

All I've changed on the car are the number plates, to export size square ones and added a prodrive back box. Also ordered a walbro 255 fuel pump and a cosworth panel filter. Also have a remap planned once there fitted. 

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_1050.PNG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 1

Nice! 

What other plans do you have? And what's your opinion on the Prodrive backbox? I have the same back box and feel as if it's not got enough noise.

Any engine pictures?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wolfy said:

Nice! 

What other plans do you have? And what's your opinion on the Prodrive backbox? I have the same back box and feel as if it's not got enough noise.

Any engine pictures?

Yeah the prodrive back box is quiet. It's a touch louder than the standard sti one it replaced up in the higher revs. 

I bought a completely standard car and my original plan was to keep it stock. After having the car a week, I realised that wasn't going to happen. 

Plans are:

cosworth panel filter-done

prodrive back box-done

import size number plates-done

Straight through centre section

upgraded fuel pump

remap by reputable mapper

coilovers (with geo set up)

beyond that I'm not sure, probably just keeping on top of maintenance although I'll probably add more to list as I tick bits off. I want to keep it looking fairly standard (just lower with the coilovers) but would like at least 320bhp 👍

Mines pretty much at what you're after, part from I'm on stock suspension at the moment

It has stage 2 exedy clutch, paired with the exedy lightweight flywheel. I've never felt a stock clutch, so I'm not sure how it compares, but It feels a lot stiffer than my bimmer

This might be helpful... http://www.racedynamix.co.uk/remap/subaru-remapping/typical-upgrade-path-hawkeye-2-5-sti/

• Like 1

Would an blob sti scoop fit i feel it needs to be bigger.

I usually use this theory to make up for smaller things

Also nice colour imo the best and only colour choice on a scoob 😉

• Like 1

I believe Andy Carr mapped mine... or may have been Andrew Carr. Anyhow, it was live mapped so I never got a dyno print out. He estimated 330-340bhp according to the previous owner, but I plan on getting it on a rolling road for peace of mind. I'll likely choose ScoobyClinic in Chesterfield.

Don't get me wrong the blue looks great but it's a bit too popular for my taste. I rarely see any black subies, at least where I drive about anyway. 

I don't think the scoop from the blobeye would line up properly. I'm sure there's specially made ones around though. 

And before you start matthew you wouldnt buy a yellow ferrari over a red or a red lambo over a yellow so y pick anything buy a blue impreza lol

I have my battle gear on come at me 😆😉

I must admit, the blue does look better on the blobeye, and that front splitter massively improves the look of the front end.

I've not seen a blobeye with the roof spoiler before either. Is that bolted on or stuck on with some type of adhesive?

What are they both putting out?

2 hours ago, Wolfy said:

Mines pretty much at what you're after, part from I'm on stock suspension at the moment

It has stage 2 exedy clutch, paired with the exedy lightweight flywheel. I've never felt a stock clutch, so I'm not sure how it compares, but It feels a lot stiffer than my bimmer

This might be helpful... http://www.racedynamix.co.uk/remap/subaru-remapping/typical-upgrade-path-hawkeye-2-5-sti/

Thanks. I've read that before and found it useful and I've also been in contact with Duncan recently. 

I had a bugeye wrx between 2006 and 2010 that I spent a small fortune on and Duncan live mapped that for me after I'd fitted a td05 16g among many other bits. It was an animal once he'd finished. The closest he can get to me now is roger Clarke motorsport on a Wednesday, so I'll either do that or scooby clinic. Undecided yet.

Pic of my old wrx for no valid reason:

IMG_1053.JPG

1 hour ago, Rps said:

Would an blob sti scoop fit i feel it needs to be bigger.

I usually use this theory to make up for smaller things

Also nice colour imo the best and only colour choice on a scoob 😉

I like the hawk scoop. It's small and does the job, much like my manhood. 

I agree with the colour, gotta be wr blue every time for me 😎

@Wolfy mine is 340 and my mates is 321 iirc

Im lookin into turbo upgrade as i need 400 not that i ever drive my car really but u no lol

@HawkSTI ive attached a goth to show what black car drivers must look like imo

Screenshot_20170715-233847.jpg

1 minute ago, Rps said:

@Wolfy mine is 340 and my mates is 321 iirc

Im lookin into turbo upgrade as i need 400 not that i ever drive my car really but u no lol

@HawkSTI ive attached a goth to show what black car drivers must look like imo

Screenshot_20170715-233847.jpg

Were did you get that pic of @mattiekane from?

He keeps sending me selfies.its mostly awkward wen im watching him have a shower thru the window and my fone glows up and he nearly sees me in the tree @HawkSTI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rps said:

He keeps sending me selfies.its mostly awkward wen im watching him have a shower thru the window and my fone glows up and he nearly sees me in the tree @HawkSTI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Wolfy said:

@Rps I'm not a goth, but I admit, I mostly wear black :laugh:

I know the feeling. I thought 330-340bhp would be enough, but I need more!

I know what you mean. When I got the sti 6 weeks ago it felt like a rocket!

now it just feels normal but everything else I drive feels slow. I think 320-340 ish will keep me happy for a while though. It's a pretty dangerous game when you can go from 0-speed limit in 4 seconds 🏎💨

15 minutes ago, HawkSTI said:

I know what you mean. When I got the sti 6 weeks ago it felt like a rocket!

now it just feels normal but everything else I drive feels slow. I think 320-340 ish will keep me happy for a while though. It's a pretty dangerous game when you can go from 0-speed limit in 4 seconds 🏎💨

Exactly, no sooner you've hit second you're already doing near on 60+

320-340 is more than enough for the streets in my opinion

1 minute ago, Wolfy said:

Exactly, no sooner you've hit second you're already doing near on 60+

320-340 is more than enough for the streets in my opinion

Yeah, for me I think 320ish will be on the money. It's quick enough now to be fair but it would be a crime not to open it up a bit when it's so easily done on these cars. 

@HawkSTI @Wolfy the 2l n/a impreza will easily do 70mph to adhere to the max speed limit on uk roads am i likely to see either of you swapping the sti for the non turb that will do the speed limit then? 🤓🤔🤣

4 minutes ago, Rps said:

@HawkSTI @Wolfy the 2l n/a impreza will easily do 70mph to adhere to the max speed limit on uk roads am i likely to see either of you swapping the sti for the non turb that will do the speed limit then? 🤓🤔🤣

Errrrrm.......no 😂

The point I was trying to make is that for me, 320-340 ish bhp will be enough for me as it's used purely as a road car and I can't imagine I'd feel the need for more than that, given how fast the car already is now at standard power. 

Look out for the thread in 6 months time saying I'm bored of 320 and looking for 400 👀😂