My 2006 hawk STI

@HawkSTI i thought 270 was fast lol then got carried away with all the pefornabce mods i only drive my car if i finish work early and nip visiting or if me and the mrs go out anywhere at the weekend as im in my van usually for work and my mrs has a seat ibiza thats like bieng in a shoebox lol

We went to york yday (a hour n 20 drive) and it made me question if i could deal with the constant abuse my ears were taking or if the fact in 6th at about 2k revs i was speeding lol sneeze and touch the accelarator and i was easily from 70 to 100 lol

(Disclaimer i dont condone nor partake in speeding on uk roads)

*edit unless sum bell in a sh it car trys there luck 😤

@Rps similar to me really. We've got an Astra gtc turbo which we use most of the time, and I only work a mile from home. The sti is just a toy/weekend car really but it's my dream car. Ever since I sold my wrx in 2010 I've been looking and dreaming of getting another impreza. Had to be an sti this time. Had to be wr blue. Had to be a blob or hawk. 

And i I know what you mean about loud exhausts, they can be a nightmare. The last few cars I've had I've thought we're too quiet, so put loud exhausts on then a month later your thinking ffs this things too loud. That's why with this one I'm fitting a deresonated centre and prodrive back box. Louder than stock with a nice burble but not unbearable when cruising around. 

2 minutes ago, Rps said:

@HawkSTI i wish i thought like that lol i have a 3" turbo back with double decat and no resinator.if i go to the drive through i have to turn the car off to hear the speaker lady lol

Mines too quiet and yours is too loud. If you give me your de-res centre section we can both be at a happy medium?

10 hours ago, Rps said:

@HawkSTI i wish i thought like that lol i have a 3" turbo back with double decat and no resinator.if i go to the drive through i have to turn the car off to hear the speaker lady lol

Is it really that loud! :laugh:

I like the stock look with the prodrive box, but it's just not loud enough for me. 

14 minutes ago, Wolfy said:

Is it really that loud! :laugh:

I like the stock look with the prodrive box, but it's just not loud enough for me. 

Exactly my thoughts 😁 When I was changing my back boxes over from sti to prodrive, I started the car with no backbox at all. I was expecting all hell to break loose, with lots of noise. It didn't. The exhaust was still fairly quiet with no backbox attached. I think the huuuge resonator must be responsible for most of the sound muffling. 

Im thinking prodrive back box with deresonated centre. Subtle looks with the noise to match 🏎💨

13 hours ago, HawkSTI said:

Exactly my thoughts 😁 When I was changing my back boxes over from sti to prodrive, I started the car with no backbox at all. I was expecting all hell to break loose, with lots of noise. It didn't. The exhaust was still fairly quiet with no backbox attached. I think the huuuge resonator must be responsible for most of the sound muffling. 

Im thinking prodrive back box with deresonated centre. Subtle looks with the noise to match 🏎💨

I might go down the same route. I get the odd pop now and then, but it's not that noticeable