114.3 widetrack coilovers

HawkSTI

Just now, Rps said:

Glad youve seen sence 😁

Yeah want to stiffen it up a bit and drop it a touch. Also read about the sti rear knock on these so thought I might aswell do the job properly 😁 You know anyone selling a set?

Dude you're about 1 month too late. Guy I got my new exhaust off had a set of BC's in mint condition (only been on the car 6 month before he decided to sell the car) for £400. I would of got them myself if I had the spare cash...

@Seminole81 there was a guy last week selling a set for £450 but mentioned they 'knocked' slightly. So didn't bother. I'm in no rush as the standard setup seems good to me. I'm also considering some good springs, might suit me better as all I'm really after is bit stiffer and a touch lower. Also a lot cheaper than coilovers. 

• Like 1

A load of people run Springs as the STi shocks are good. I was going to, but t seems the biggest drop is 35mm, and I want about 45mm. 35mm is still good, but I don't like wheel gap 😉 Whiteline do a set of springs for £140 I think.

2 hours ago, Rps said:

Were over

I might change my mind if I tried coilovers, but honestly for what I use the car for it seems to ride and handle well. It's sits very high though, you could camp out in the front arch 😁

IMG_1064.PNG

21 hours ago, kershaw-330s said:

Haha you know what they say , arch gap is like a vaginas .. you don't want a !Removed! that needs four fingers to fill haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is, I think the hawks take a fist to fill! 😂

Mine's exactly the same. Front is higher than the back, designed that way. Rally car remember 😉 Anyways, I looked at dropping with springs, about 35mm which is about 1 3/8". Take a tape measure to put that up to where your arch is now to show you the drop you'd get. For me, I don't think I'd be happy with that little of a drop. It would significantly reduce the gap, but it would still exist. Suppose if you went to 18" alloys or got some higher profile tyres it would reduce further again, but yeah.

Anyways, springs will have a much nicer ride than coilovers for the most part, but either are good, just depends on what you want. I keep going back and forth all the time on what I want to do...

14 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Problem is, I think the hawks take a fist to fill! 😂

Mine's exactly the same. Front is higher than the back, designed that way. Rally car remember 😉 Anyways, I looked at dropping with springs, about 35mm which is about 1 3/8". Take a tape measure to put that up to where your arch is now to show you the drop you'd get. For me, I don't think I'd be happy with that little of a drop. It would significantly reduce the gap, but it would still exist. Suppose if you went to 18" alloys or got some higher profile tyres it would reduce further again, but yeah.

Anyways, springs will have a much nicer ride than coilovers for the most part, but either are good, just depends on what you want. I keep going back and forth all the time on what I want to do...

I know what you mean. If I fitted a winch to the front it would probably be pretty hand off road with the ground clearance it has 😂

I think a 35mm drop would make it  look right. It wouldn't look lowered as such, it would just look how it should have been in the first place, if that makes sense? 👀

Yeah, makes sense. Suppose what you could always do is get springs and try them out and if they work the yay, and if you're not happy, then just flog them. Or even then, for the price, drop and keep them for a while and then flog them if you upgrade to coilovers. Even at £130, I'm sure you'd get £70 back at least if you didn't like and went another route (coilovers). I'm just cheap as owt, and think it's a waste for me as I know I won't be completely happy with that 35mm drop. But yes, it will look way better even dropped that much.

@Seminole81 I was at ten of the best at elvington today and it was crawling with impreza's. After seeing a few I've decided it has to be coilovers for me now, it completely transforms the look of the car altogether. In a good way 😎😎