Need to change exhaust system

Scooby1

Hello, just got my first Impreza wrx (bugeye) so quite new to these cars.  It has a straight through exhaust system but want to change it to something that won't **** of the neighbors but still give that nice burble sound. Any recommendations ?

Cheers. 

Not very clued up on these, Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but is there any way of keeping the one I have but somehow make it less noisy? think it is 3/3.5 inch straight through.  

@Scooby1 I've got the standard sti exhaust, with a prodrive back box. It's nice and quiet when ticking over and cruising but sounds nice when you open it up. I'm going to do the resonator delete from the centre section to make it a touch noisier, but should still be fairly quiet with the cats and prodrive back box in place. Would recommend the prodrive if you want a subtle, fairly quiet exhaust. 

• Like 1

@Scooby1 I've got the standard sti exhaust, with a prodrive back box. It's nice and quiet when ticking over and cruising but sounds nice when you open it up. I'm going to do the resonator delete from the centre section to make it a touch noisier, but should still be fairly quiet with the cats and prodrive back box in place. Would recommend the prodrive if you want a subtle, fairly quiet exhaust. 

Tempted to do that too. I've got a prodrive back box and my mid section is looking a bit rusty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sirspidey said:

Tempted to do that too. I've got a prodrive back box and my mid section is looking a bit rusty.

Yeah mine too. The downpipe and small cat pipe look like there in really good condition, but my centre pipe and backbox were quite corroded. Got the shiney prodrive one to replace the sti one, now just on the lookout for a stainless de-resonated centre pipe.  I've seen them on eBay for £89 but unsure what the quality will be like. 

Pic of my old sti exhaust and prodrive one.

IMG_1078.JPG

• Like 1