WRX STI 340R 2012 excellent condiion for sale

2012 (12 plate) in excellent condition

WRX STI

340R kit fitted by Subaru main dealer with PRO-R certificate

Eibach suspension kit fitted by Subaru main dealer

1 mature owner (me) + demo (Shukers Subaru in Ludlow) I've owned it from 2k miles

Reason for sale -  I have recently retired and I'm looking for an Outback to better suit my hobbies / leisure time

Low mileage at 48k

MOT due April 2018

Full main dealer Subaru service history with stamped book at 2k, 13k, 25k, 37k, 47k miles  

Pearl white

Never raced, never rallied, no track days

2 sets of wheels - the original 18" ones (original tyres so may need changing soon) and a set of 17" STI alloys that are fitted with Nokian snow tyres  

Space saver spare never used

Located in Cheshire, car has been garaged (most of the time)

METASAT Tracker fitted - this can be reset via Subaru UK (I.M)

Looking for £15k o.n.o

• 2 weeks later...

I just sold mine to a garage, it had the 340r upgrade, rear spoiler, pro r springs, pro r grilles and just over 10000 miles. I got £16500 cash from them. I got fed up with the time waters.

All I can think it can be is that kind of money for a private sale may put people off. It's not badly priced; just a reflection of today's economic climate perhaps.

Good luck with the sale

I think it's priced reasonably well, at least considering what people are asking for much older blobs and hawks.

Do you have it advertised on Autotrader or Pistonheads? I had a quick look and couldn't see it. If this is the only place it's advertised it's not surprising that you haven't had any interest.

2 hours ago, coldcuppatea said:

I think it's priced reasonably well, at least considering what people are asking for much older blobs and hawks.

Do you have it advertised on Autotrader or Pistonheads? I had a quick look and couldn't see it. If this is the only place it's advertised it's not surprising that you haven't had any interest.

No it's not for sale anywhere else yet as I'm testing the water to obtain feedback, as you say they will hopefully be more effective routes to market.

This isn't an incredibly active forum and by its nature, most people who want a Subaru on here probably already have one!

Your car is competitively priced compared to similar ones on the sites I mentioned so I'd just get it advertised and you should shift it.

Nice car BTW.

Think as others said it is probably a reflection of the market, from conversations I've had this shape was a little marmite (I personally think it's the best since Blob and would love to have if I had the money)

I would try some other forums more active forums and personally always found eBay to be the best way to advertise (I would just avoid placing as a bidder and keep as an advert or you will get time wasters for sure)

Also sold a few parts through Gumtree

High tax bracket and the 2.5L scare stories don't help, I really like that shape. More discrete

You wern't in Leeds the other day heading out to the m621 from town ? Seen a sliver spoilerless one on a couple of occasions

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, stants said:

High tax bracket and the 2.5L scare stories don't help, I really like that shape. More discrete

You wern't in Leeds the other day heading out to the m621 from town ? Seen a sliver spoilerless one on a couple of occasions

No not me in Leeds and as you say they are a bit more "wolf in sheeps clothing" with a 0-60 of about 4.5 seconds which comes in handy from time to time :-)

On 8/4/2017 at 7:35 PM, stants said:

The tax puts off the chav types.. that's all, which isn;t a bad thing.

Don't be supprised if you get questioned about the 340r pack.. as it's known on a RR cars that have had the 340r upgrade struggle to see just over 320bhp.

Try Piston Heads (a lot cheaper than Auto Trader)

Nice car, good luck with the sale.

13 hours ago, salsa-king said:

The tax puts off the chav types.. that's all, which isn;t a bad thing.

Don't be supprised if you get questioned about the 340r pack.. as it's known on a RR cars that have had the 340r upgrade struggle to see just over 320bhp.

Try Piston Heads (a lot cheaper than Auto Trader)

Nice car, good luck with the sale.

I drove a standard one, then a 320R and then a 340R close together and the power / torque definitely increased hence I went for the 340R :-)

When the latest 2015 shape first came out I drove a demo one which had a few thou. on the clock and it was considerably slower than mine and I left feeling a bit let down by it and IM will not warranty the 340R kit anymore which is a shame.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, majik_thighs said:

Just as long as you're aware...... .Outback are even more addictive!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds good, what makes them more addictive?

The problem I have is that I need something more practical than a saloon but my teenage kids and wife don't like the shape of Outbacks.

I prefer the latest one but they are too expensive for me. 

Ive never driven the Imprezza or Forester but the outback & the Tribeca give you that feeling deep down,the same feeling you get when you drive it for the 1st time is still there 4 years later! Whisper quiet and silky smooth ride. 

6 hours ago, majik_thighs said:

Ive never driven the Imprezza or Forester but the outback & the Tribeca give you that feeling deep down,the same feeling you get when you drive it for the 1st time is still there 4 years later! Whisper quiet and silky smooth ride. 

Sounds quite the opposite to an Impreza - mines noisy and the suspension is a bit stiff.

• Like 1