1c Ecu swap

Hi,

I have just ordered an ESL board and paid for fitting. However in the email I got sent it says I have to send my Ecu off for the board to be fitted to it.

Now I know I should have asked first, hindsight is wonderful like that lol, but if I buy another 1c Ecu off eBay, will it need to be linked to my car? Will it work as its an older 1993 version or will it not work. If I send the Ecu i buy off eBay to Andy at ESL and get it back with the daughterboard on I will be in the same situation, with an ecu not linked to my car.

Im going to phone ESL tomorrow, but thought i might ask here first for some info.

Cheers guys

Martin

Don't think the early jdm' s have imobilizers ,so would imagine you'd be ok .

Maybe buy a replacement ecu with the same numbers on and try that in yours before you send it off to get the board fitted ?

Would mean less down time on your scooby and answer your question [emoji6]

Yeah, was thinking i would have to do that, I was hoping I could find someone who had gone through this so I could get a definite answer, because I dont want to waste £50 buying another ecu to find it doesnt work, then having it sit on a shelf until It finally sells on eBay months later for less than i paid for it.

There are 4 or 5 of my ecu on eBay at the moment and have been for ages.

When I had my 97 UK turbo mapped , the mapper just fitted another (possibly 6's) ecu that had a esl board already fitted .

He took my old ecu with him ,once he'd finished, presumably to fit another board in for the next v3/v4 he mapped .

I'm sure andy stevens will answer your questions, once asked.

• 1 month later...