Stereo

Chris44

Hi all,

as im recently to owning a Subaru I have a question, my 65 plate wrx sti's Stereo is absolutely shocking, it sounds awful. Is this normal with subaru stereos or could there be something wrong with mine. Looked at upgrading all speakers but there wanting silly money.

appreciate your comments.

Got a 2007 hawk wrx, shocking sound system until I replaced the head unit with a nice pioneer , I am now more than happy with the sound quality and volume, not in boy racer league obviously but enough to be too loud still, don't know if your car has a simple double din unit, if it has I would start there unless the later cars actually do suffer with rubbish speakers 

8 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

Got a 2007 hawk wrx, shocking sound system until I replaced the head unit with a nice pioneer , I am now more than happy with the sound quality and volume, not in boy racer league obviously but enough to be too loud still, don't know if your car has a simple double din unit, if it has I would start there unless the later cars actually do suffer with rubbish speakers 

Hi

really don't want to start changing the head unit  as it's all touch screen etc and I quite like it. Was looking at changing the speakers and maybe a small sub in the boot for a little bass, like yourself I don't want to go boy racer just want a decent sound with a bit of loudness.

The one I put in is all touch screen too, but from my googling my year model car had a weak head unit and not too bad speakers as a rule so changing the head unit made a lot of difference I think I got an 8700 Bt DVD model can't remember the prefix, maybe avh or summat, I presume your head unit would be a much better one than my standard one so probs is speakers

12 minutes ago, Piggysniffer said:

The one I put in is all touch screen too, but from my googling my year model car had a weak head unit and not too bad speakers as a rule so changing the head unit made a lot of difference I think I got an 8700 Bt DVD model can't remember the prefix, maybe avh or summat, I presume your head unit would be a much better one than my standard one so probs is speakers

With the car only being 18 month old, the head unit what is in it is factory fitted with dab, Bluetooth and it shows all the information for the car on it so I'm thinking too much hassle to change, so thinking of changing speakers and see what it sounds like.