My car

Thanks. I am open to offers if anyone is interested. The plan is to take it to a few shows next summer though so would need to be serious offers from collectors as this car is an investment not a daily driver. 79000 miles, 3 owners, full service history inc. An engine rebuild in 2006 by api engines. Completely unmolested unabused car even down to the same make of tyres it left the factory with. 

There is a website based on how many were either taxed or sorn in the U.K. to give an idea, but not knowing much about models I tried it and there's different R models on there. It goes by what's on the logbook.

Here's a screenshot from looking at my friends sport special model.

a0a3dd4254c66f5182fe2530d005d289.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Mark D said:

There is a website based on how many were either taxed or sorn in the U.K. to give an idea, but not knowing much about models I tried it and there's different R models on there. It goes by what's on the logbook.

Here's a screenshot from looking at my friends sport special model.

a0a3dd4254c66f5182fe2530d005d289.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yeah its proven to be not very accurate unfortunately.

Cheers guys this car is a bit of a headache turns out, manufactured in 1997, registered here in 1998, and the only other v3 type r I have seen for sale was in Spain, quite highly modified and the guy wanted 20k. I have been told they are now regarded by some as better than the p1 due to the dccd but I have no idea how rare it is and can't find anyone that does know. I wonder if I send the vin number and a picture of the certificate of authenticity to Subaru someone could maybe shed some light on it?

23 hours ago, Craig- type r said:

Cheers guys this car is a bit of a headache turns out, manufactured in 1997, registered here in 1998, and the only other v3 type r I have seen for sale was in Spain, quite highly modified and the guy wanted 20k. I have been told they are now regarded by some as better than the p1 due to the dccd but I have no idea how rare it is and can't find anyone that does know. I wonder if I send the vin number and a picture of the certificate of authenticity to Subaru someone could maybe shed some light on it?

Depends who you ask, to me P1 is a watered down type r, so IMO Type r is a much better car.

Cheers guys no question standard they're mechanically better that's for sure. I still can't find how many were imported and how many are left. Can anyone make sense of the how many left website? I think it was on there I saw there were less than half registered than the p1, however 2 mins later I was on a site that said only 1 type r and 1 catalunya was imported to uk in 1998. I'm guessing the type r would of only been imported once all the p1s were sold would it? Being built to order.  

Catalunya was a UK only car so would have been the full inventory in the UK.

Type r was jap only and special order in Japan but no limit on how many. Made to order just refers to they were only built when they had a customer, it wasn't a limited edition as such.

There was a fair few v3/v4 type r's made in comparison to the p1's . So although personally i also think the jdm type r is a better car they're not as rare as a p1 so don't fetch quite as much money .

A friend of mine had a v3 type r in cashmere yellow ,completely standard with no rust and just a bit of paint fade as the only bad part . Even though yellow is a rare colour it was up for sale last year at £8.5k with not many "bites" ,unsure if hes sold it or if so how much for . theres a user on here with a yellow 1 as well but i can't his user name or whether it's a v3 or v4 .

You do tend to struggle with how many are left with jdm stuff as a lot of them aint even listed on websites . My 94 v1sti impreza is fairly non existent on most "how many" or "insurance" website lists .

As tidgy said the type ra forum might have a better idea , either way its nice to see a unabused example and im sure you'll get a fair price if you hold out for the right buyer .

Cheers savage. Aye prices are all over the place when I have seen them there is/was one in Spain for sale, looked like a p1 with gold wheels, had a stroker kit as well and the boy wanted 20k. Pretty sure that same car is now in Berkshire for 10k. And the v4 limited I seen was 14k. The other thing is I don't know what people collect I assume there are collectors of all the desired models inc. The rb5 etc? Surely these deserve a place in the line up. Anyone ever tried a shout out to uk Subaru drivers? See if a more accurate table can be produced.

Sorry forgot the other thing I was going to ask was the other one for sale has the wrx decals in front of the back wheels and mine doesn't, I know a lot or them were taken off/put on by owners but does anyone know if that means anything? I have found both brochures and pictures of cars with and without these decals