Looking at buying a 2.0 n/a Impreza

Ash_453

Hi guys hope this is in the right section, I’m looking at buying a Impreza around 3-4K nothing super special just like the look so probably get the 2.0 n/a around 2007/8 wondered is there anything on the cars around this age to look out for? Cheers 

You should be able to get a nice 2001-2004ish wrx for that money, either saloon or estate. I've never owned an n/a impreza personally, but I don't think there is much of a saving in terms of running costs over a turbo'd one. Mpg and tax etc is about the same. Not really answered your question, but maybe something to think about 👍

5 hours ago, HawkSTI said:

You should be able to get a nice 2001-2004ish wrx for that money, either saloon or estate. I've never owned an n/a impreza personally, but I don't think there is much of a saving in terms of running costs over a turbo'd one. Mpg and tax etc is about the same. Not really answered your question, but maybe something to think about 👍

I quite like the hatchback look around 08, running cost not a massive issue, but I’ve got a heavy foot so was thinking a non turbo may be better for me 😂

Apart from me then :D wanted a solid reliable car and got that with the 2.0 rx hatch. Because of how good I found it it's kept me on Subaru now likely for life. The handling is just superb in every condition. Only selling mine because not driving to London regularly now and found a classic. Otherwise I wouldn't part with it. Surprisingly good the non turbos 

At the time the running costs and insurance weighed in too heavily. After that I realised the costs are actually similar, but foot down on boost the mpg is not existent atleast the non turbo could be kicked into life without completely draining your wallet. If my hatch had a turbo god himself couldn't take it from me.  Always had the plan as a stepping stone which now it has been but I would recommend them strongly to anyone. They are definitely not slow as would think. 

Normal driving found about 5mpg different. But giving it anything more than 1 toe the non turbo only drops a few mpg but the turbo drains the tank like emptying a bath lol. Tax is similar model depending. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_uk said:

Apart from me then :D wanted a solid reliable car and got that with the 2.0 rx hatch. Because of how good I found it it's kept me on Subaru now likely for life. The handling is just superb in every condition. Only selling mine because not driving to London regularly now and found a classic. Otherwise I wouldn't part with it. Surprisingly good the non turbos 

Sounds good to me mate what’s the tax and stuff like? Is it dearer as their 4wd? 

Just now, HawkSTI said:

@Jamie_uk @Ash_453

i think you can get a hatch wrx with a 150bhp boxer diesel engine. That must be a very good option if you don't want a full fat wrx?

I toyed with that idea reviews said they were a really good pulling engine but they were asking 2k more for diesel and I like the smell of petrol haha

1 minute ago, Jamie_uk said:

Think it was £265

Long as that’s a year it’s similar to what I pay now so all good 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, HawkSTI said:

@Jamie_uk @Ash_453

i think you can get a hatch wrx with a 150bhp boxer diesel engine. That must be a very good option if you don't want a full fat wrx?

Been told to steer clear of diesels, like any diesel car not just these

Aye personally too high Milage for me think my hatch had 31k when bought it, classic I got only bought because had 44k on it. Only go for cars with low miles no idea why just always do. I buy with intention to keep and not change, in my head best car I can get. Do the same with everything tbh weird I know. 

I agree looks better with bonnet etc, just haven’t seen any in my budget, tbh I’d keep my Leon but wana sell it and free up 4-5k to spend on other things only just seen these and thought I like the look wonder if their worth going for 

I have a 2008 impreza RX non turbo hatch  and well fuel consumption never gets above 32mpg i average 26-28mpg on a monthly basis! 

truth being said i couldn't afford insurance on a WRX or STi  so went for this but i feel short done by now as it lacks power but still drinks fuel like a turbo haha 

As for the car and engine ..... solid and reliable for sure,  non of the dreaded chocolate pistons :P  

James 

4 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:

I have a 2008 impreza RX non turbo hatch  and well fuel consumption never gets above 32mpg i average 26-28mpg on a monthly basis! 

truth being said i couldn't afford insurance on a WRX or STi  so went for this but i feel short done by now as it lacks power but still drinks fuel like a turbo haha 

As for the car and engine ..... solid and reliable for sure,  non of the dreaded chocolate pistons :P  

James 

I know I’ll prob feel like I shoulda got a turbo if I got one, no doubt one day be sat at some lights and one of them will be sitting next to me 😩 but need to offload the current toy towards a house deposit 😭😭 growing up ay 😒