Selling my 2005 Outback 3.0 RN

majik_thighs

Top of the range with all the toys, touch screen sat nav, electric front seats, heated seats all electrics work. 105`000 miles, recent new cat back stainless steel exhaust system, recent new drilled & grooved front disks/pads & calipers, alloys professionally refurbed earlier this year in gunmetal grey.  12 months test, just flown though. She`s been really well looked after all her life and wanted for nothing. Engine is as smooth and as tight as when it was new.

Including Thule locking roof bars which were £160.00. Private plate not included.

Looking for £2`650.00 ono.

Email me at: claretsfan at gmail.com

20170917_145359.jpg

20170917_145422.jpg

20170917_145430.jpg

20140720_163028.jpg

20170917_145305.jpg

20170917_145351.jpg

20170917_145545.jpg

20170917_145624.jpg

wheel refurb.jpg

20170917_145422.jpg

20170917_145430.jpg

i'm not in the market as just bought a black one like yours (but '07) but i'd be interested to know which/what cat back SS exhaust you went for ??

mine needs doing and i'd ideally like some advice as to which system is most suitable ...i'm not looking to go "loud" but easier breathing and a slightly

more rorty note without any motorway drone would be good !

any opinions gratefully received... :smile:

i'm not in the market as just bought a black one like yours (but '07) but i'd be interested to know which/what cat back SS exhaust you went for ??
mine needs doing and i'd ideally like some advice as to which system is most suitable ...i'm not looking to go "loud" but easier breathing and a slightly
more rorty note without any motorway drone would be good !
any opinions gratefully received... smile.png

I got it done at Mr Tyre in Farnworth. They are part of LongLife exhaust franchise. Excellent system. From inside the car it sounds very quiet. I told them I didn't want it any louder than the stock system.
https://www.longlife.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhausts?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpMLOBRC9ARIsAPiGeZDN8MeMIF7pnQnCwDmoVBETeizB_mpnSAcr-1ZdKsuUHTALouzwepsaAk8NEALw_wcB

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I got it done at Mr Tyre in Farnworth. They are part of LongLife exhaust franchise. Excellent system. From inside the car it sounds very quiet. I told them I didn't want it any louder than the stock system.
https://www.longlife.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhausts?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpMLOBRC9ARIsAPiGeZDN8MeMIF7pnQnCwDmoVBETeizB_mpnSAcr-1ZdKsuUHTALouzwepsaAk8NEALw_wcB

On the Subaru system the resonator, which is in the centre, does most of the work. On mine, the Y-pipe Had rotted through so the 2 back boxes.....which are like dustbins, were doing nothing at all. But there was really no discernible difference in noise, just a slight change in exhaust note.

okay, many thanks for that...on mine the flanges to the back boxes are shot and judging by the rust on the pipes  the Y section isn't far behind.

i'll check out my local Longlife franchise. Cheers.

hope yours goes to a good home !

• 1 month later...

Hello M-T,

Is this still for sale?  If it is, I would need to sell my 2006 Outback 2.5SE, which has only done 83K miles and MOT'd until September 2018.

It is gold with tinted back end glass. alloys perfect with good tyres.  Three minor scuffs on bumpers, but no dents or damage.

Anyone interested, as I wish to go up to 3-litre 'R'.

Regards to all.  Roger-M.

Sorry mate it`s long gone, A bloke came all the way from London by train to collect it for my full asking price. I do recommenced the 3 ltr over the 2.5, it`s a class above!

I`m now a Volvo XC60 owner but keep it to yourself. :ph34r:

Roger,

I am just in the process of putting my 3.0 on the market, theres an ad on pistonheads just now, but I need to take some pics. its a 2007 3.0R 105k miles meticulously serviced, on new tyres, has a stainless powerflow exhaust. £3299 (ono) - I have a cheap lease hybrid golf heading in my direction....

• Thanks 1