Is there a market for old Subaru WRX's

Jackie Barker

I'm a retired lady who has had a Subaru WRX 2001 since 2004.  Unfortunately, through no fault of its own it has got to go.  The car is a 4 door in great condition with 98000 on the clock, never been raced or thrashed about and originally bought from SGT in Taplow.  Is there anyone out there who would be interested.  Thank you. Jackie

I'm a retired lady who has had a Subaru WRX 2001 since 2004.  Unfortunately, through no fault of its own it has got to go.  The car is a 4 door in great condition with 98000 on the clock, never been raced or thrashed about and originally bought from SGT in Taplow.  Is there anyone out there who would be interested.  Thank you. Jackie
Depends what kind of money you are looking at for it to be honest. Every car will sell for the right price ...... Can you take some pictures and post ? Also what price are you looking for ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

SUBARU IMPREXA WRX turbo – 2001 – Original car

£2000 ovno.

I first bought this car after seeing it for sale and falling in love with it in the SGT garage in Taplow – sadly closed down now.  It had 30,000 miles on the clock then and over the next 13 years I’ve clocked up a further 70,000.  This is a very sad sale as I’ve had such fun with this car and I don’t mean thrashing it about, but it is so very safe and holds the road like a limpet.  However, I’ve been told by my family that I need to get something more ‘sensible’ – how boring.

The car comes with all MOTs and invoices including the original bill of sale.  It has a current MOT up to 19 April 2018.  There is some damage to the rear bumper and to the passenger side.  I can send more photos via What’s Ap to anyone interested.

This is a very genuine and original car which has never been raced and I am very sad to part with it.  I live in Ruislip and mobile is 07876 207408.  Please no time wasting joy riders.

Thank you.

Jackie.

20171028_150728.jpg

20171028_154619.jpg

20171028_143845.jpg

SUBARU IMPREXA WRX TURBO – 2001 – Original car

£2000 ovno.

I first bought this car after seeing it for sale and falling in love with it in the SGT garage in Taplow – sadly closed down now.  It had 30,000 miles on the clock then and over the next 13 years I’ve clocked up a further 70,000.  This is a very sad sale as I’ve had such fun with this car and I don’t mean thrashing it about, but it is so very safe and holds the road like a limpet.  However, I’ve been told by my family that I need to get something more ‘sensible’ – how boring.

The car comes with all MOTs and invoices including the original bill of sale.  It has a current MOT up to 19 April 2018.  There is some damage to the rear bumper and to the passenger side.  I can send more photos via What’s Ap to anyone interested.

This is a very genuine and original car which has never been raced and I am very sad to part with it.  I live in Ruislip and mobile is 07876 207408.  Please no time wasting joy riders.

Thank you.

Jackie.

20171028_150728.thumb.jpg.49a35c5e0445a42fa04a2f493f32b878.jpg
20171028_154619.thumb.jpg.2a6fa11c311bbede54da5ebb65b2af5a.jpg
20171028_143845.thumb.jpg.84a326719654115af8b502298f721d4f.jpg
Got to ask why do you need to go sensible ?
What car are you looking at replacing it with ? You've done 5k miles per year so fuel bills won't be silly high and for the fact you know the car so well plus the security of a 4wd comfortable car that has already lost most of its value I would say keep it.
In 3 years time the car wouldn't be worry a lot less than it is now so don't be in a rush to sell and definitely don't drop lower in price. Standard subaru's are becoming harder to find and are easier to sell a lot of the time than modified ones.
Hope that helps Dave

That's very kind of you Dave but I am a 71 year old Yoga Teacher and my husband can no longer drive through ill health and the other car is a short wheel base 2.7 Nissan Terrano, so one's got to go and the Terrano is a very useful work horse.  I really appreciate your advice though.  Is there anyone in your Club who would be interested.

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, DaveD said:

Got to ask why do you need to go sensible ?
What car are you looking at replacing it with ? You've done 5k miles per year so fuel bills won't be silly high and for the fact you know the car so well plus the security of a 4wd comfortable car that has already lost most of its value I would say keep it.
In 3 years time the car wouldn't be worry a lot less than it is now so don't be in a rush to sell and definitely don't drop lower in price. Standard subaru's are becoming harder to find and are easier to sell a lot of the time than modified ones.
Hope that helps Dave

Hi Dave, Just to let you know that the Scooby was sold on eBay for £2200 to a really nice chap who had travelling from the north of England.  Thank you for your helpful advice. Jackie

• Like 1

Hi Dave, Just to let you know that the Scooby was sold on Ebay for £2200 to a really nice chap who had travelling from the north of England.  Thank you for your helpful advice. Jackie

Fantastic. Another Subaru kept on the road and sold to a happy buyer and to be fair was a good price for you (above what you originally said) and a good price for him.