What Clutch To Get?

Hello all,

Looking for a bit of advise, I have 2006 WRX Wagon. So my clutch is needing replaced and I'm not sure what clutch to get, should i get an OEM one or a stage 2. My end game is getting between 330hp - 350hp out of the car, not sure what kind of torque figures would be assosated with that (400lb-ft?). 

What I'd like to know is would I require a stage 2 clutch. I was advised to upgrade by a garage asvthey stated the OEM one isbnot very good and I'm also in the mind set as yes this would be nessesery. What do you guys think?

Also what  clutch would you guys recommend?

Exedy are an oem supplier,
So will be fine get the flywheel skimmed though, and May as well budget in for a spigot bearing (tenner) and a rear main oil seal (twenty ish) as if it's looking tired no point neglecting it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 15/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, stants said:

Exedy are an oem supplier,
So will be fine get the flywheel skimmed though, and May as well budget in for a spigot bearing (tenner) and a rear main oil seal (twenty ish) as if it's looking tired no point neglecting it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for the advise. Going to get a pink box, just checking prices at the moment. I came across used pink box kit with light weight flywheel on eBay for £190. Seller states it has only 1000miles. What do you Think? Is it risky buying a used one?

22 hours ago, Tidgy said:

Don't bother, unless i knew exactly who it was selling and how they treated their car i'd never buy a second hand clutch and flywheel.

Yeah I decided not to risk it. The best price at the moment I can find is £535. That's for the 4 piece clutch kit and flywheel. 

14 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

got a link? is that fitted price or just supply?

http://www.sprintingharejdm.co.uk/Genuine-Subaru-Impreza-Legacy-Forester-BRZ-Parts-South-West/Genuine-Subaru-Impreza-Legacy-Forester-BRZ-GT86-Exedy-Clutch-Kits/Genuine-Exedy-Racing-Subaru-Impreza-5-Speed-Push-Type-WRX-2005-230mm-Pink-Box-Uprated-Clutch-Kit-and-Lightweight-Flywheel-FF502-FJK2034-FK04H911

That's just for parts, cheapest quote I've got so far is £300 for Labour. I can get the pink box clutch kit on its own for £260 from Tegiwa. Every Garage I've contacted have stated they wouldn't need to skim the fly wheel tho. What is the purpose of skimming It? So I'm thinking I may as well get the flywheel along with a new clutch.