Head gasket fail Noooooo

TITSMCGEE

Hello everyone :)

97 turbo EJ20

So i cracked my rad, ran dry for the day, car overheated, coolant ejected,white smoke,the sound of a misfire 'skip to the end' block tested it and visible inspection = blown my head gasket :/ oooops my bad. Sooo i've decided i'm not paying garage prices nor scrapping it so am replacing them myself along with the water pump and timing belt. So my main question is which gasket company should i go for?  I hear OEM Felpro and Six star are the best ones....  and anyone know where i can get a full kit at a decent price?? I see them fragmented over the internet, and cheap ebay kits but no DECENT FULL KITS Thanks in advance :) 

Cool i'll look into that thanks, This is my first major attempt at mechanics but i'm a pretty fast learner so any advice is welcomed :) After watching a months worth of vids online my plan is to get to the heads and see if anything's badly warped then decide what to do from there.. Anyone have any tips on engine removal? 

I would say have a look at my "sticky" build thread for a few pointers but photobucket has removed most of the pics [emoji852]

I'll probably re upload them over the winter , but would definitely eco colin (scooby ghost) and consider rebuilding the bottom end .As the extra strain of compressing coolant and the higher temps from the headgasket faliure,can cause the bottom end to fail shortly after replacing the headgaskets.

Any particular questions or areas about removal and rebuilding , fire away fella [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok cool I'll defo have a look into doing the bottom end as i really don't want it to fail after all my efforts, and i intend on having this car forever :) Am sure i'll have many questions over the coming weeks so thanks i will defo be picking everyone's brains :) I'm still pulling off the easy bits at the min though will probably start getting tricky soon haha. Got to my turbo intake pipe yesterday and as expected was more holes than rubber at the turbo , fun fun fuuun