2015 SE premium lineartronic vs 2016 manual

Fast Pat

Hello everyone, new prospective owner here. Currently narrowed down choice to a October 2015 SE PREMIUM LINEARTRONIC with 20,000 miles or June 2016 SE PREMIUM manual with 13,500 miles - both for the same money. Personnally I'm tempted to go for the auto with all those shiney extras,  but what's the collective wisdom as to which represents the best value for money.

Thanks in advance (and anticipation!)

Pat 

no personal experience on those newish models but i've heard some folk loving the autos and others hating the cvt...

not much help i know,,plenty reviews online,,assume you've driven both so i guess you'll figure your preference !

Hi Fast Pat and welcome to the forum.  I have a 2015 SE Premium Lineartronic and I can't fault the gearbox.  It is really smooth and doesn't feel like a CVT.  At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference - some people like automatics and some prefer manuals.  Personally I would go for the automatic every time.  Of course with the Lineartronic you have the best of both worlds as you can drive it in manual mode if you want to, using the gearstick or the paddles.  Whichever model you choose I am sure you won't be disappointed in the Outback.  Mine is the best car I have ever owned.

• 2 weeks later...