Buying a impreza

Andy Higgins

Welcome to the club, i would try eBay or gumtree as theres quite alot of classics which run from 92-00 and bugeyes which i think are from 00-03 theres also pistonheads bit i find cars on there a bit pricey, just make sure you have someone with you who is mechanically savvy if you cant do it yourself and that it has history with proof of mods etc as theres alot of people who will just tell you anything also if you're buget can stretch to it get an sti as they have a stronger engine and gearbox which is also 6speed where as the wrx only came in 5speed, happy hunting 😉👍👍

Hi, If you can find a standard low mileage one I’d go for that. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

There’s plenty of cheap modified ones but your potentially buying other people’s problems. 

Personally I’d buy standard and keep standard. I’d have another if the handbrake (wife) would let me. 

Don't be put off by high milers either. I bought mine 3 years ago on 158k mile. Now on 176k mile and I've had it mapped to 276hp. Its done Silverstone and a few runs at santa pod. Worse expense was a gearbox seal (which I sort of broke when crunching 2nd gear, whoops). Had other bits replaced at a cost of £510. Smiles per miles has never been at a better value.

• Like 1

I'm with Stuartie - make sure they have proof of the mods. I found mine on eBay, took a mate that had better knowledge than myself, so all went well. 

I'd have to agree with mattb too - find a standard one, ideally an STI, you won't regret it over a WRX