Vacuum/air leak

Hi all been a while since I had to post, but I have a little problem I need help with please.

I have a blob wrx, I recently changed the radiator and a silicone pipe kit. All went well and everything seems fine, until yesterday when at full boost with foot down there is quite a loud sounds of air rushing. Take foot of and apply brakes and the brake pedal feels hard to start then as revs drip goes back to normal. So I assume an air/vacuum leak somewhere. I happened to be passing my mechanic and we had a very quick look, all my pipe work seems good and the only think we could see was the y hose had a bit of a bulge at the end after the hose clip.

My question is, could a leaky ic hose cause the break pedal to stiffen up or should I be looking elsewhere?

Must admit I have heard a very slight air noise from centre of car before, but thought nothing of it.

Many thanks

Think I know what I’ve done. I changed the vacuum line to brake booster and didn’t realise there is a check valve inside the old pipe that I haven’t replaced, but would not having one in place cause the air whooshing noise on full boost?