Sigma M30 pre my00

well I found a few things out at the weekend and rather than you having to wait 7hours and pay £80 I though I would help you all out.

been to Donnington to watch British super bikes on Saturday and Sunday, car drove fine no problems, we parked up Near to an aerial mast (watch this space) and off we tootled to walk around the paddock and watch the races. 

As we was camping directly next door, we hopped in the car to drive to the camp site so we could take out the tent etc, my mates gf and my missus jumped out to sort to reservation and find where we where to park up, as it was quite a posh place I thought id knock the engine off so not to upset anyone.

They came in eye sight so I thought I would start the car, suddenly all hell broke loose, Alarm was screeching the lights where flashing, this went  on for 10-15 mins anyway the car was towed to the camp and still nothing.

AA was called and attend and said the antenna in the distance was interfering with the fob/alarm, afer much pleading to Subaru it turns out they never had my pin and as such I was up **** creek without a paddle. the previous owner was rung but to no prevail, the aa man mentioned bypassing the alarm but it seemed like a load of hassel, a ditch effort to tow me 2 miles away and this still didn't work, as such I was plonked back in the original spot.

AA recovery was rang and this cost me £80 to upgrade my membership so that I could have free towing, upon arriving home I found a spare fob tried it and boom car fired first time, ive done some digging around on various sites and have such reprogrammed a pin that A. I know, and B. I wont forget. As for the fob its totally fried.

This has been found on another site and is no means my own findings however rather than spending 2hrs looking for the solution it is here for Future reference. :D 

Reprogramming Procedure

1. Arm and then Disarm the system using the working Radio Key.
  2. Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*2# where 2 is total number of radio keys to work the system
  3. Briefly press both radio keys in turn (the dash board LED will flash each time and the siren will bleep) Any radio keys not programmed here will no-longer operate the system.
  4. You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using all the radio keys programmed.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:

• The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
  • If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds 10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
  • Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
  • The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will “Lock Up” if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working
Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working
Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working
Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the
small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only
THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

The lock up only lasts 30mins, so don't worry your not locked out of it for ever.

• Like 2

I thought most if not all subaru owners would know all this, there's a big list of features you can activate and deactivate too with the keypad on the sigmas, I found this info when trying to find out what the keypad did in my golf, also worth noting that only the ones with the star and hash on the keypad can be programmed, the ones without cannot

Thanks for the update :) unfortunately for me the bloke I bought it off didn't know a thing about the alarm system and had no manual so I had to learn the hard way and my previous Scooby had an uprated Alarm that had no such issues.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

If it's got a factory fitted alarm it should have a little keypad located somewhere near the door, maybe in the drop down coin holder or in centre console arm rest

Yep, found it! Great tip, thanks- it was attached to the inside of the fuse box lid. Now to get down to some code cracking.