My build/conversion project

Tlag

The main reason for the mot failure was emissions. The fuelling was horrendous. The drive home from the mot garage also showed up an oil leak.

The fuelling was down to the injectors. I had used what I believed to be newly refurbed 660 injectors. It turns out the ones in the packet were actually waiting to be sent to the refurb place. As I was given them for nothing in the first place, I can't really complain.

Anyway, I now have a new set of 660,s. The near side pair went in easily. The offside rear was easy but the offside front just will not seal. I've got brand new o rings, seals and everything. It just will not seal. That's ongoing but I've had a lot of other stuff to deal with recently too, which is why it's been neglected for a while.

The oil leak turned out to be the oil cooler pipes. It's leaking from where the pipe actually goes into the fitting. They came from the manufacturer already made up so I need to see if they can be tightened. If not, replaced.

The project is still ongoing but life is getting in the way at the moment. :)

Oh not good about the injector [emoji20] but I guess at least you know what problems it has and needs fixing hopefully no hidden one's once they have been sorted. And I know what you mean but real life thing's need to come 1st. Especially when its family matters [emoji106] and Christmas getting ever closer. [emoji20] always look forward to my new socks every year [emoji2]

• 4 months later...

Once run in, the next step will be a rotated TD06 20g.

It's obviously less power than the GT I had but it should still be able to deliver more power than the gearbox can take. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Savage, that's a good idea. I knew I could have two maps but couldn't really think of a reason for a 'lesser' map but that makes good sense.

Well, MOT booked for tomorrow so today was cleaning day. It's been stood under a tree for a while so it was a bit messy. Also fitted my refurb end rims

• Like 1

Good to see it passed MOT, I was going to say it shouldn't fail MOT on emissions but yours is a later car.

If its before 31 July 95 , it gets a none cat test... Co 3.5% , Hc 1200ppm

Think I might delete the roof bars on mine as I like the look, yours is the only one I've seen with it from factory looks mint,,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Over half way ran in now. So far, so good. I did 260 miles today so I can get the next oil change done tomorrow.

I,m really impressed at the amount of torque it has, even with the turbo restricted right down. Should be even more impressive when I can hook the turbo up properly

It just so happens I have the engine sat on a bench in my garage.

Was fine when removed. It is missing the intake manifold and turbos but has the exhaust manifold still attached

• Like 1