2005 Impreza STI

Fonzey

Cheers Chaps.

Gambit I've just checked out the thread, looks like one to watch :)

As my car has been sat for best part of a year, it seems my Battery has taken a turn for the worst. Alarm chirp on startup every morning this week, but failed completely this morning and needed jumping. Checked voltage with the car running and getting 14.7v so the alternator is fine. Got myself an AA trickle charger which is on the case now, see if it's recoverable or if the Battery needs swapping.

• Like 1

Its on a Friday mate we've been offered a club stand but same weekend as japfest don't think enough is going to make the minimum up. I can't remember the date lol 15th of some month [emoji1] I'm on the phone at the minute but its in the events thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a mixed couple of weeks with the car, but as of today - we're on a high!

1) Booked Oulton Park for 31st March, did I say that already?

2)
Car started bogging down in second. Fiance's brother came round to see
the car, went out for a ride in it and it was holding back in second
gear - and a bit in third. It annoyed me, but I had to go away for a
couple of days so left the car parked up at work.

Got
back, and on the drive home - floored it on the bypass and it violently
cut power on boost. Got it home and quickly found a tear in the vac
hose feeding the FPR reference:

WP_20150211_17_27_48_Pro.jpg

Chopped the end of the vac hose, refitted and went for a drive. No more violent cut-outs, but still hesitating in 2nd and 3rd. Hmmmm..

3) Ordered a new fuel pump. SWRD 340lph in the car was new, but still an "easy" thing to swap out and rule out. Thanks to Alyn @ AS, my Deatschwerks replacement arrived in less than 12 hours - !Removed! brilliant service.

Swapped it out on the drive:

WP_20150214_003.jpg

Took the car out, pulling like a boss in all gears - excellent :)

4) Fitted a CDF Brake stopper... no pics.

5) Had the car booked to go see Andrew Carr again, this time on a rolling road.

Went down today, Andrew was aware of my fuel pump/vac hose adventure - so we were expecting a troubleshooting session, but as I got on top of things at home - it was to become a power run!

First run on the rollers, car made 378bhp. Andrew explained it was running quite rich, presumably because it was previously mapped on a failing or inadequate fuel pump. He leaned it out a bit, and the next run fetched 391bhp.

Two more tweaks LED to 395 and then finally 398.6bhp with 362ft/lbs of torque, oh and a massive grin from me!

WP_20150216_005.jpg

Happy boy, that additional 20bhp I gained today is most definitely noticable - car is an absolute hoot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been slacking on updates, got a couple though.

Car has been running fine for a few weeks now, no repeat evidence of it bogging down or misfiring.

After seizing up one of my Brembo's at Blyton last time out, I decided to buy a seal kit and some paint and go for a refurb. Everything went great with the seals and paintjob:

2015%2B-%2B12.jpg

Bolted them back up to the car, fitted all the lines and then came to tighten up the bleed nipples. Got all the way around the car to the last nipple on the last caliper, and it stripped the thread out... This was all about 5 days before Oulton Park :(

I responded by sending Ian@Godspeed some money...

2015-03-26.jpg

:D

Got the AP's bolted up, and did a few bedding in miles.

Also gave the car a post-winter wash, went full on with:

Snow Foam

2bm wash with CarLack shampoo

Iron-X

Sonus clay

DA Polished with 3M pads and Sonus Restore

Hand polish with Carlack protection and sealant

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

The observant amongst you may also notice I moved house, so now have a double garage for my tinkering :)

IMAG0161.jpg

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

Next up is a purchase I made back in October(?)

DAMD flat bottomed wheel.

IMAG0141.jpg

Smaller but chunkier:

IMAG0142.jpg

IMG_1345.JPG

Then it was Oulton time, finally! :D

IMAG0175.jpg

Day was very wet, cold, windy and we even had hail and snow!!

Morning running was very slow and nervous, with lots of red flags. Got some good mixed/dry running in the afternoon though despite traffic.

Car felt great, loved it. Cadwell now booked for the 29th.

• Like 1

Lookin good mate. I had noticed it was another house.. That would explain why no one was in when I've been lurking ;)

Really like that flat bottom steering wheel looks loads better I wouldn't mind something like that myself. 

Enjoyed the video too something about the turbo flutter  :wub:  thought the clio could have moved over a bit sooner though :) 

• 1 year later...

Really liked this thread. Sorry for bringing it back from the dead haha. I like what you did with the center console and changing the LEDs to match it all up. I'm kind of in the same boat now as what you were. DEFI gauges are in white, red speedo, green climate control...kinda want to go all red or, red and white as I can't change the DEFI's (I think?)

Have to agree enjoyed reading this thread from the beginning some great mods and well executed. A lot of what you've done is similar to what I'd like to fit. I like the bonnet struts so any info you can recall about them would be appreciated 👍👍. Car looks great a real credit to all the hard work and effort that's gone into it 😎😎😎

On 2/17/2014 at 6:23 PM, Fonzey said:

My red clocks and head unit looked ace, but the other green crap didn't.

20130402_173249.jpg

20130402_182141.jpg

20130403_222143.jpg

Sorry to ask again, but can I just ask for a write up on how you did this? I want to change mine as I'm not sold on the green with the red speedo clocks...and I've got white DEFIs...thinking of going red as well for these. Also, where did you get the black controls from?