What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Car washed and bulbs checked ahead of tomorrow's major service and mot.

My intermittent side light is now off, so good job I'm already getting them to fit my Cree led's.

First major health check since I've bought it, so wish me luck [emoji120]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Ordered a nice baffled catch can setup the same as rcm's with 3 ports and a breather but at less than half the price and opted to blank off the return to sump/use as oil drainer plug as would only want return to sump if it was a regular track car

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Ordered a nice baffled catch can setup the same as rcm's with 3 ports and a breather but at less than half the price and opted to blank off the return to sump/use as oil drainer plug as would only want return to sump if it was a regular track car

Niceeee! Lemme know when you set yours up! Haha I need to put mine on still! What day are you going to AF? Wonder if we can get a discount if I book in 😉😬😂

Ok, report is in:

Engine oil and filter changed

New spark plugs

Coolant changed

Gearbox oil and filter changed

Front diff oil changed

Rear diff oil changed

Brake fluid changed

Cree LED sidelights fitted

Work done to keep mot clean:

OSF drop link changed

Number plate bulbs changed

Issues of note:

Engine v belts slightly perished

Front brake discs corroded

Dampness on engine camshaft covers

Exhaust cat joint thin

Steering wheel slightly offset

Brake judder when braking

Engine fault code stored P0171 system lean - light came on at garage during the day; never seen this all year

The front discs and pads are first up - any recommendations (without spending silly money)?

Clean mot and nice fresh fluids all round though [emoji2][emoji106]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david1972 said:

The front discs and pads are first up - any recommendations (without spending silly money)?

Clean mot and nice fresh fluids all round though emoji2.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I opted for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Impreza-WRX-2000-2007-2-0-2-5-MTEC-Black-Brake-Discs-Front-Rear-And-Brembo-Pads-/291178288402?fits=Model%3AImpreza&hash=item43cb941512:g:fa4AAOSwGiRTrXl4

Haven't crashed yet so doing all right :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Niceeee! Lemme know when you set yours up! Haha I need to put mine on still! What day are you going to AF? Wonder if we can get a discount if I book in 😉😬😂

He does do group discounts on group mapping days, ask him how many cars he requires haha I assume at least 5-10 for a reduction in price haha my map day is the 29th may. Also I might have a 3" bore heat wrapped decat down pipe for you if your still after one depending on whether I decide to opt for that or a sports cat dp as not made my mind up yet.

I'm taking my car for mot end of this week then taking it off the road to start on my large service/mod fitting

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

He does do group discounts on group mapping days, ask him how many cars he requires haha I assume at least 5-10 for a reduction in price haha my map day is the 29th may. Also I might have a 3" bore heat wrapped decat down pipe for you if your still after one depending on whether I decide to opt for that or a sports cat dp as not made my mind up yet.

I'm taking my car for mot end of this week then taking it off the road to start on my large service/mod fitting

Oooh sweet. Yeah, definitely let me know what you got. Long version yeah or is it the two piece? 

I'll give them a ring and see what the deal is. I dunno if I'll have the funds or not for then. If I do, I'll have to sacrifice lowering etc. and I'm a bit nervous about mapping in more power on the standard EJ25 😬😂 I know it's doable and fine most likely, but always a risk.

53 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Oooh sweet. Yeah, definitely let me know what you got. Long version yeah or is it the two piece? 

I'll give them a ring and see what the deal is. I dunno if I'll have the funds or not for then. If I do, I'll have to sacrifice lowering etc. and I'm a bit nervous about mapping in more power on the standard EJ25 😬😂 I know it's doable and fine most likely, but always a risk.

It's a full length one piece so you would need a 3" bore mid section and back box to match up to it. Either that or I will have my full 2.5" cat system with a 3.5" backbox which has a nice tone to it available. 

I'm working on the suspension and handling on mine after the mapping is done, I would only be concerned about mapping the ej25 if you are planning on doing a lot of track days where you would be pushing the car a lot harder for sustained amounts of time.

7 minutes ago, Hudson said:

It's a full length one piece so you would need a 3" bore mid section and back box to match up to it. Either that or I will have my full 2.5" cat system with a 3.5" backbox which has a nice tone to it available. 

I'm working on the suspension and handling on mine after the mapping is done, I would only be concerned about mapping the ej25 if you are planning on doing a lot of track days where you would be pushing the car a lot harder for sustained amounts of time.

Yeah no worries. I know I've got a cat back on it, but no idea what size. Backbox is 4" I think 😳 

Hmmm, might be the way to go. Will see what happens on Friday (birthday) 😬 Nah not loads of track days for me. I think it'll be ok. Trust AF. I've sent them a email, will ring tomorrow when I finish work if no reply. I reckon if I get a decat I'll be at Level 2.5 😂

14 hours ago, david1972 said:

Yeh they would be pretty much the same... but given the price, would wonder who actually manufactures it!

1 hour ago, Sandals said:

Yeh they would be pretty much the same... but given the price, would wonder who actually manufactures it!

I bought rear discs to fit this friday from icp which were branded solidace along with a new shoe kit and ebc red stuff pads as couldn't justify splashing out lots when I plan to do a big brake upgrade later down the line, will report back if they perform ok or not

https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=1417&cat=96&sub=183&sec=277&var=27&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

I bought rear discs to fit this friday from icp which were branded solidace along with a new shoe kit and ebc red stuff pads as couldn't justify splashing out lots when I plan to do a big brake upgrade later down the line, will report back if they perform ok or not

https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=1417&cat=96&sub=183&sec=277&var=27&dc=0&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

Thanks; I'd appreciate that. Probably looking at June/July to get them done

Car back in my posession today....

20170505_162202_zps8szkhxxc.jpg

Wrap is really impressive - certainly can't tell it's on the car.

Also had an OEM Vortex Generator installed...

20170505_162213_zpspnw47vfn.jpg

I fitted new rear discs, ebc red stuff pads and a full handbrake shoe kit, the old pads and discs have seen much better days then went for an early mot and she passed with no advisories :) now the fun begins starting fitting my big mod upgrade on mondayIMG_0018.thumb.JPG.8846bec6a403e891a297b043133604c1.JPGIMG_0026.thumb.JPG.4fe31b7cf2c0bb3a6f1d94082587e406.JPGIMG_0022.thumb.JPG.ef5a2887d24cebd4f030584909293b46.JPG