What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Had to take the scoob to work today ,as it's booked in for mot .
Can't remember the last time i enjoyed "going " to work before [emoji848] but 25miles of b road smiles ftw [emoji16]

didn't like parking it in the building site car park though , as its not the flatest bit of ground and i do lack a bit ground clearance [emoji4]
She past without any advisories and i was told "its cleaner underneath than most 5 yr old cars "
Which aint bad seeing as shes 23 yrs old [emoji41]a60174c74b12ee3f12e09752f20fb65c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I knew i had an oil leak somewhere on the engine and a power steering fluid leak from the steering rack, but didnt know how bad until a mate and i got under the car with some bright lights last night and discovered both rocker gaskets leaking, 1 badly the other really badly.

My sump gasket is leaking, fairly badly (not the sump plug washer, the actual sump gasket.)

My steering rack is leaking power steering fluid out of the steering rack gaitor.

My power steering pump housing is leaking fluid all over the top of my engine.

Its being mapped thursday to accommodate the td05, injectors, pump and map sensor and then its parts buying time.... again :rolleyes:

Im really looking forward to taking it all apart and fixing this problem myself with my mates. The sump leak has been undiagnosed despite 2 mechanics looking at it and been a pain in my !Removed! making me wonder where the stains under my car has come from lol

And I have just this second won some brand new Koni inserts front and rear on eBay at an amazing price, no more bouncy wagon!

@GeoffLeggy  Yeah! It will be fun if i can get my mates to help though. I cant wait to get rid of that burning oil smell everytime i pull up somewhere! Also my engine is filthy, I cant wait to clean it and it stay clean!

Yesterday I had alan carr map the car. He was an alright chap. Not very talkative. The two maps are awesome. A low boost one to try and save on petrol day to day, its running 0.5bar of boost, Alan says that it is slightly more power over all than factory but using less fuel and smoother due to the newage coil packs and other mods combined with less boost, so about 230 i guess.  The second map is 1.2 bar of boost and about 310 he reckons. Its absolutely nuts :laugh:  I tried to get to the appointment in time to let the car get cold but he put me ahead of someone who had dropped the car off for the day so it was still warm unfortunately. When it starts from cold it needs more starter motor to kick over than before. Nothing major. Overall im very happy.

Konis arrived today :cool:

• Like 2

@GeoffLeggy Haha im already all smiles! But yes once the leaks are sorted I will be happy.

I was just going to fit the koni shock inserts and that will be that. However.... I am now thinking about buying prodrive or similar springs. I dont want slammed or track settings. I am after slightly lowered and firmer that will cope with B roads and Shropshire pot holes. Also I am thinking about buying a set of cheap GF8 shocks and cleaning them up and painting them, fitting the inserts and getting everything ready for the day of fitting to avoid any complications that can be avoided on the day. And whilst I'm at it I may aswell look at anything else I can replace whilst they are off. :whistling:

• Like 1