Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning

Dear All:

I (XRT) is offering professional Subaru Tuning Service to the Subaru community.

XRT has over 8yrs of tuning experience in tuning all types of Subaru's from different
markets - USA to Russia to South Africa; USDM, EDM, SDM, JDM, ADM

Subaru's such as the 2.0/2.5 WRX & STI, Legacy, Forester and the Tribeca.

All Tuning is done remotely out of Barbados. Once you have a laptop and the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 Cable, you are ready to Go!

In remote or E-Tuning, the customer purchase the Tactrix Openport 2.0 Cable and download the rom from the ECU and email it to XRT. During this process, you will log the car using the variables shown here and send me that log or logs with general driving and a few 2nd gear pulls if it is an Auto or 3rd Gear pulls if it is a Manual - all done from low in the rpm (1500+) till the rev limit. An example of a dyno pull is shown below: - http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1251

An example of data collected of the stock performance of the car is shown below:- http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1422

Once XRT received the rom and the logs, I prepare a tune and email it to you. You will upload this to the ecu and the process of driving and log starts all over again. During this period, you are encourage to give as much feedback as possible and tuning can take a few days to weeks, depending on your time. Usually, a rom per day, your car can be completed in about 3-4 days. Avg time.... 1wk.

XRT provides the following on contact:
  • Info PDF - Download links, customer reviews, etc
  • Contact information such as Skype, BBM, Whatsapp, etc
  • Computer remote access and control using Teamviewer to configure all software needed. Nooby...No worry!!
  • Extensive discussions on how to drive and tune your car

XRT provides the following information during tuning:

• Logging analyses of issues or performance
  • Dyno graphs
  • Feedback and communication to make sure all is going well as the car is learning to maximised fuel economy and performance
  • Advice on mods - if needed
Below are the specifics for tuning:

Tuning tools
  1. Tactric Openport 2.0 cable - Please review file attached
  2. Laptop - Windows 7
  3. Ecuflash & Romraider - Free software. Please review file attached
  4. Teamviewer - Free software that will allow me to configure the software on your laptop, if you do have issues doing so. Please review file attached
  5. Patience and understanding
Tuning involves:
  1. Fuel maps tuning
  2. Ignition maps tuning
  3. AVCS tuning
  4. MAF tuning
  5. Drive-by-Wire tuning
  6. Some level of transmission Tuning for quicker shifting and operation through the ECU and not the TCU

Many other maps that are not mention like closed-loop to open-loop tuning

What to expect from XRT Tuning
  • A Tuner who responds to your queries, with a wealth of experience and diversity
  • Greater throttle response
  • Linear throttle  behaviour
  • Better fuel economy
  • Better engine response
  • Better take off from stop
  • Better sounding car
  • Increase low end to mid range torque
  • Greater top end performance
  • If automatic, greater transmission response and smoother shifting

Please  note once tuning is completed,I offer a lifetime support for that tune.  In other words, if you want me to review the car 6months or even a year  later, thats ok.I will provide updates as needed. Any future mods you  perform, I only charge a retuning fee, once those mods are not major.  Example Supercharging, Engine upgrades, etc are all major mods.

Please review the following links for additional information:-

Customer feedback

Tuning

Dyno'es

If you are interested, please pm or email me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ed sent me updated roms a few days ago to try out. 

So far I've only had a chance to try one of those, with the results in the above video. Transmission performance improvement was immediate and very obvious. Shifting is much quicker than before and still very smooth. Even through the RPMs drop very fast when shifting I don't feel the shifts at all. The car feels as if there is more torque and that torque feels like it's available sooner. And although preliminary it appears my mileage may have improved too!
Before = 183WHP @ 6849RPM/170ft-lbs @ 4238RPM 
After Ed = 195WHP @ 5756RPM/197ft-lbs @ 4861RPM, +7% HP, +16% torque, fully stock

I think Ed has got my 5EAT tune to just how I like it. Went through a couple of ROMs to see just how shifting performed and after four adjustments it's just WOW!

Car takes right off with seamless, unfelt shifting. No sooner do I get to the speed I want but the torque convert locks up sooner than it takes me to look down from the road to the tachometer to see if it had because I can't feel the shifts anymore!

My mileage is improving with the transmission tune as well. I don't need to give the car as much throttle to get the car up hills or to keep at speed on the flat. The torque converter doesn't unlock as quickly either. A modest nudge to the gas and the car just speeds up, no unlock. Give it a little more gas after that and it smoothly unlocks and the car takes off! Take my foot off the pedal and the TC locks right up again!

It's beautiful!

I think Ed has got my 5EAT tune to just how I like it. Went through a couple of ROMs to see just how shifting performed and after four adjustments it's just WOW!

Car takes right off with seamless, unfelt shifting. No sooner do I get to the speed I want but the torque convert locks up sooner than it takes me to look down from the road to the tachometer to see if it had because I can't feel the shifts anymore!

My mileage is improving with the transmission tune as well. I don't need to give the car as much throttle to get the car up hills or to keep at speed on the flat. The torque converter doesn't unlock as quickly either. A modest nudge to the gas and the car just speeds up, no unlock. Give it a little more gas after that and it smoothly unlocks and the car takes off! Take my foot off the pedal and the TC locks right up again!

It's beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. Per your request and winding down of the tunes in correlation to the persons having to acquiring the cable, I will run the special until end of June 2014.

The special is only on the Main tune and not 5EAT full tuning. This is what all of my customers get.

• Full tune range from 150-170GBP w/ basic 5EAT tuning

• Full Tune w/ full 5EAT tuning ranges from $200-220GBP

If you need just the DBW & 5EAT tuned cost ranges from 90-110GBP

Please note major tuning must be completed in 3 weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Subject: Re: v0
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 01:07:23 +0300
To: XRT

Hi,
The car really feels like that and even more. The car is way better than what it was with stock ROM. The transmission is a lot of faster than what it used to be. This is how the 5EAT should have worked when it left from the factory (or engineer's table). Now the gear flaps are finally useful.

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2zkK2X7Y9I&feature=youtu.be

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=562

Hi everyone  :)!

After the tuning process of my Legacy H6 3.0R MY05 with 5EAT is finished i wanted to say a few words about my impressions and feelings about the entire story. Excuse my wording here and there as English isn't my first language and I'm a bit rusty regarding that   :lol:

I bought the car from a dealer who had it from Subaru of Germany in the beginning of 2013 as my new daily driver.
As a car that they used for their business purposes, it had covered only around 40.000 kilometers back than, a quite small number regarding the fact that it is one of the very early pre facelift models, built in 2004. On the downside, I assume that it stood around outdoors for a long time not being moved or only over short distances in the city of Friedberg where Subaru has it's HQ over here.

I replaced the entire rotten exhaust system with new RaptorSC headers, 200cpsi metallic catalytic converters and a new designed custom 2" cat back system with FOX performance silencers and contacted Edward afterwards to get everything tuned, lower the insane fuel consumption after the modification (the car didn't like the free flow exhaust system, consuming over 20 ltrs / 100km) and make everything feel a little bit more sporty.

From the beginning to the end, it was amazing to work with him. When I look back, I almost feel a little bit sorry for all the silly questions he had to answer, but he never lost patience and answered every single of them until everything was clear (even to me  :P).

We went through a huge amount of tunes but things didn't go very well until i decided to replace the 10 years old front o2 sensors, which caused lots of problems and only worked from time to time. After that, the final tune was found pretty quickly, especially because Edward delievers new tunes in about no time.

I'm more then pleased with the outcome; not only that the consumption is down a lot (about 11,5 liters / 100 km driven hard in the range of 130kph up to 240 kph on the German Autobahn, often in 4th or even 3rd gear for maximum acceleration and a good amount below 10 liters / 100 km at chilled highway cruising), everything feels more responsive, the car isn't hitting the rev limiter anymore when using kickdown all the way up, it just feels fantastic. I have to admit that I don't know what exactly Edward did in the end to achieve this great feeling, but we went through different kinds of settings and after some short messages via Whatsapp he was able to achieve a result just like I wanted to for my daily driver and couldn't even describe with words.

Even if the car feels more sporty if you want to push it harder, there's much more power below the magical 3000rpm mark and the power band is very, very smooth (much smoother then OEM) and it still feels very drivable regarding every-day-use.

I don't know about power figures but actually I don't care at all; the car is hitting 260 km/h on the dashboard (around 245 GPS, before tuning around 235) and is doing 0-100 km/h in under 6.5seconds (no idea what it was before). Impressive if you imagine that it feels stronger at low rpm, too.

Long story short: That's how Subaru should have delivered the car out of the factory.

I'll contact Edward again next year regarding a tune for my JDM STI and after my dad - who drives a 3.6R Outback, we're a Subaru family here at the mountains - has driven the Legacy after the final tune for the first time, Edward can be sure that he has got a new customer at this moment. Right now we are waiting for the 3.6R's headers to arrive from RaptorSC   :D.

After looking for a tuner for quite some time in Germany without a result, i've found the best I can imagine over this strange thing called internet 8000 kilometers away in Barbados.

Thank you very much for all your efforts Edward, they're priceless!

I recorded a little video today on my way from one valley to another here at the mountains, my last drive this year before mounting snow tires. Not too hard driven, but pushing it a little bit uphill. You can get the idea. And... sorry for the annoying sounds the full box of chewing gums in every turn  :roll: 

(placeholder, video still uploading)

Kindest Regards from the Black Forest!

Stefan

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike and I'm one of two people that is the company Tactrix, which is the hardware that Edward uses for his remote tuning. While I haven't used Edwards tuning services personally, I did want to say that I've heard nothing but good feedback from customers who have mentioned using his services, which I can say have been people in many different countries. 

Keep up the good work Edward!

-Mike

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

XRT Tuning - JonathanS - 2006 EDM Subaru Legacy Spec B 3.0R 6MT

Another UK car in tuning by XRT

The car came in for tuning with serious pinging issues. Tuning started before header changes to Raptor

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=584

The raptor headers will be going on very soon. Awaiting customer's written feedback.

image - http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1534

Some shifting action. Not terrible the best but customer tried. We would really need to go to a track and try to record.

• 3 weeks later...
Videos showing the new 5EAT behaviour after ECU Tuning that affects the operations of the transmission. For more information and reviews, please visit Xtreme Racing Tuning ? View topic - Subaru Tuning that affects 5EAT Operations & Performance

Its no hoax or !Removed!, but after paying more attention to the 5EAT with some customers who just wanted me too....PAY more attention to the 5EAT, the following customer feedback is noted and videos. More vids to follow, including more customer feedback to be added.

Videos

I will add more videos as there come.

Below is a car within your group year showing similar operations, but by an excited customer who lives 4000FT up and travels from 1000ft to somes close to 5000FT on daily biases and enjoying every moment of it. 

Subject:     V11c1 Logs
Date:     Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:01:38 -0700
To:     XRT

Here are logs from V11c1...i am very please with the way she feels now on this ROM...shifting,power delivery, torque....in auto and in manual modes i like the way she feels...not sluggish at all even in the lower rpms if i need to pass or give a lil gas or to climb a hill...no problem now...no throttle lag at all in any mode or gear for any reason yet that I have encountered...she feels strong when i did a couple pulls...she just feels like she wants to go, peeppy, I like it! i cannot wait till I get the rest of the exhaust system on and the new torque box/racing intake chamber by kakimoto...very smooth cruising

.................... Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. 

In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. 

Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! 

Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! 

The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. 

Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! 

Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

On to Rom V16..The Throttle Response due to the lag has been adjusted so that when i give it gas, it goes! Its a great feeling...
With the Full exhaust system in place she has a Beautiful Raspy Rumble Created by the Raptor Headers w/High flow Cats. The new exhaust system plus the Ecu tuning allows me to move thru the rpm range ALOT faster than before! Its like night and day from how the 3.0R was before I started tuning with Ed. 

Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills. In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response. Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go! Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th! The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting. Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before! Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

We are close to finishing the Ecu tuning, but so far i am BEYOND please with all that ED has done with the 3.0R!  :D  Once the Kakimoto Racing Intake Chamber arrives/installed itll be the last mod i do for the 3.0R. Minor tuning adjustments might need to be made. Ive just received ROM V17. Review Comming Soon.

Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT

Customer has moved from Ecutek to XRT

Customer feedback: 

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 pm

stevenc1703 had already been drinking the (Xtreme Racing Tuning) 3.6R elixir long before I tried it :)

On my 3rd revision with XRT and the car is responding very well to west_minist's changes!

v0 was already great - great idle, low/mid range torque, great transmission behavior, zero knock. 
v1 improved throttle response, made it quick and crisp and added even more low/mid range torque, further timing and AVCS tweaks.
v2 (latest) is the icing on the cake. Rounded out all the changes from v0 and v1. 
Smoothest power delivery, pulls great from low RPM all the way to 6.x K RPM
Nearly ideal throttle response and transmission behavior (I can't imagine it getting any better!). The car responds to throttle input like a 2015 WRX in S or S# and the transmission works very similar to it too. Holds gears, downshifts and upshifts very quickly. 

More testing this weekend.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:36 pm
Customer has moved from Ecutek to XRT

Customer feedback: 

I've switched to an XRT (Xtreme Racing Tuning) tune and all I can say is WOW!
The car is now updated with both the latest stock FHI/SoA ECM and TCM stock flashes and tuned on top of these.

We're 'only' on the 2nd revision and already making great progress. 
Ed has been a pleasure to work it. Extremely knowledgeable, professional, responsive with performance and log results that back it up.

Engine runs great, transmission runs great, no longer constantly tries to upshift to 5 all the time, holds lower gears, responds far far better to throttle input and delivers the torque I'd expect at low and mid-RPM.

StevenC, you're spot on with how the 5EAT can be transformed. 
All thanks to Xtreme Racing Tuning. I'm impressed.

In addition:

First of! Wow! I'm not sure if you've already tweaked the TCM affecting params and table, but WOW.
The 5EAT holds gears, shifts much better. Its a night and day difference.
The engine itself seems much happier, runs better, idles better. And it seems like during the whole log IAM stayed constant at '1'. Which is great!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Below are attached videos showing additional tuning, completed which
makes the 5EAT works just the way you want it. The TCU still have major
control, but most of the general issues of lag and stuck in high gear is
virtually gone.

Recent customer responses - http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=509&start=10#p1798

Vids:-

Playlist -

• 1 year later...

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTuning/

XRT has upgraded its 5EAT tuning for 2017. We are now offer 5EAT-Stage 2 at stage 1 level to show our full commitment to performance and better experience. That implies in out aim to achieve greater 5EAT performance from shifting to acceleration to greater take off, we have developed a very new XRT-5EAT-Stage 2. Its really a Stage 3, but to keep all of these maps in check, there is no need to have so much variety and thereby offer you the customer the simplicity in tuning.

Please see the below vids for the New Stage 2 tuning:

• 2 weeks later...