Dashcams, show us your view!

Gaulson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bet you left a few skid marks there ! 

I had a similar issue on a bigger road than this with someone overtaking bikes without slowing down. 

had loads of people saying i was going too fast for the road, but as i was taught on my driving lesson and my IAM advanced driving lessons you drive at a speed where you can stop in the distance you can see, which I could do easy, if there was a car broken down or a horse or something that ran out I could stop without any worry.

but how do you plan for someone to be coming towards you on the wrong side of the road doing 70 mph? should I leave a 130 mph stopping distance when i'm doing 60? 

Got three new videos, one is boring and the other two are a bit more fun :).

Just set off out and nearly got hit by this Fiesta, video doesn't actually show how close it was or felt haha.

This one I had a go at keeping up with what turns out to be a very fast bike....

On my way home from work yesterday a Golf did some cheeky overtaking and caused some hassle with a load of cars (not in the video). I caught up to him once traffic had cleared, turns out he hadn't gotten that far so was it worth the risk him messing everyone around? Anyway I wanted to see how far I could push him..... don't think his suspension is built for these roads judging from the bouncing ;). I took the smoothest path and felt quite bad for my car :( going to give her a wash today to make her feel better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Couple of videos last, first is a couple of Skodas that were racing around. It was a clear road infront but I had no fuel to play.

Second is a white van man I pulled out on... kind of so he got annoyed.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival time......

First bit of footage from the WRX - have to see if the mount needs tightening up by the look of it ;) Nearly a year in now and still haven't lost that boost-induced grin :cool:

• Like 2

Could anyone tell me how to get video files onto computer, Whenever I plug my dash cam into imac I just get a blue screen on the camera and nothing happens even if I try to playback files. Was wandering if I ever need to get files off it how the hell to do it, Any help appreciated Terry

7 hours ago, tezmil1 said:

Could anyone tell me how to get video files onto computer, Whenever I plug my dash cam into imac I just get a blue screen on the camera and nothing happens even if I try to playback files. Was wandering if I ever need to get files off it how the hell to do it, Any help appreciated Terry

I use a USB memory card reader... plug that into your computer and you can access the files directly on the memory card

I use this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301705796531?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Assuming the card in your dash cam is micro SD, that should work

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I know he indicated but I was looking at the pedestrian crossing just past the exit. I should have avoided this really. Only cosmetic and I did swear at him. His insurance paid out due to the video. Only bought the dash cam 7 days prior only had the car 3 months too, gutted. First accident in many years. The guy said i came racing down the inside, whatever. Should have seen his face drop when I said it does not matter what you think it is all on dash cam.

• 11 months later...

Bleeding dealers

Paid these guys to change my coolant and the next morning after the 1st time picking it up it bubbled like mad in the heater matrix. They took it back and after picking it up for second time I found steam coming from the bonnet after 10 miles. I presume that the system purged into the overflow tank and pushed some out the top. So still air in the system. Took it back and this is how they bled it.

Not at the highest point using the rad cap, so tell me if I am wrong but this will never work, will it? 

I did it myself today from the FILLER tank near the turbo not the lower rad cap. This tank was completely empty when car was stone cold. I managed to get lots of air out and added just over 1 litre of deionised water so now my new coolant is diluted. This is just one 3 min video from the dash cam. It took them well over an hour to do a bad job including 2 test drives. They even put fresh coolant in the overflow tank which had fluid in it above the min line when i dropped it off.

And i paid good money for these jokers. Why it takes 2 people to bled a car I don't know. The first time I picked it up I could smell burning oil. I stopped lifted the bonnet and there was smoke coming from behind the turbo. I got them to change the gearbox oil (right level I have checked) and they must of spilt loads around the dipstick to fill and made a half arsed job of cleaning it up. Car stinks of burnt coolant now too. The lady I dealt with emailed me to say it has been passed on to the manager and he will be calling me shortly. That was Friday morning, Still waiting for the call. Their test drive I am not to concerned about but anyone I have shown thinks it is appalling. I may post after I have spoken to them see what you guys think.