Show us your engine bays

Nevell

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2017 at 4:31 PM, GeoffLeggy said:

This is exactly what I'm going to try with my IC. Got all the tape just haven't got round to it. Not sure I'll be doing as good a job as this though! Looks really neat.

I have the same IC and that look awesome, is it just gold heat tape?

• Like 1

On 05/02/2017 at 0:00 AM, Pixyflash said:

Stock '14 sti.

Standard dirt.

Still thinking of a cold air intake, but can't pin down any gains other than cosmetic/auditory, and trust me I need nothing to remind me she's a Scooby.

(she's a muffler delete 😲)

DSC_1458.JPG

Not much from gains on CAI alone tbh. The standard air box is quite big and once you install a CAI, the dump valve noise is a LOT more noticeable. Changed mine just before xmas with a mishimoto CAI. You can get a permance air intake but don't go for that one. Pay the extra £50-£80 for the CAI. 

IMG_4508.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the info JohnM.

Not sure I'll hear anything else over my burble, it can be pretty intense.

Am I correct in thinking I can do a CAI without mapping?

Everything else is stock apart from the axle back.

Save yeah money mate and just put a nice performance filter in airbox.you wont need to map a cai in.i had one a k&n cai on hatch which broke i changed it to a 20quid cone from Halfords and car is no diffrent to the 200+ one.i am goin back to a airbox when i can find one.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Pixyflash said:

Yeh you're right. No map required for just a CAI. You don't "really" need a map if you add a cat-back exhaust with CAI. If you change the down pipe or and/or headers you will need a map. 

54 minutes ago, wrxstandard said:

Whats the best way to start cleaning the engine bay? I hope it's not fairy liquid and a toothbrush...or a karcher on full blast?

depends on the time you have to spend on doing it, to get yours to a good starting point I would be using jizer and toothbrush on the oily / greasy bits then bag up your Battery and alternator, apply snow foam all over leave for a while then jet was off with the least powerful jet.

After that metal polish and toothbrush to get your alloy looking a bit better and silicone cleaner for the hoses etc.

There is a thread on here somewhere with the results of a few hours spent on a bay, looks properly detailed, it did involve various sized brushes though - just cant remember who it was, possibly Salsa??

PS keep the jet wash away from your intercooler - you could take that off and clean separately

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay762 said:

depends on the time you have to spend on doing it, to get yours to a good starting point I would be using jizer and toothbrush on the oily / greasy bits then bag up your battery and alternator, apply snow foam all over leave for a while then jet was off with the least powerful jet.

After that metal polish and toothbrush to get your alloy looking a bit better and silicone cleaner for the hoses etc.

There is a thread on here somewhere with the results of a few hours spent on a bay, looks properly detailed, it did involve various sized brushes though - just cant remember who it was, possibly Salsa??

Boosh👊🏽 Top man

It's highly advised to get a map after changing the intake on the 2.5 sti engines , not an issue with a cat back tho

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk