Wrx impreza

gampla

only time I could see that being needed was if you were driving in sand all the time but your bearings would need replacing before hand.

I would be interested to see any internet sites with that statement if your mate has them

Hmmm you sure it wasnt Oil change as thats recommended at 5k

nah hes defo said diff need a rebuild as for servicing tom wood subaru

recommends

Intervals and Recommended Services

gampla, an average car does 10k a year, do you think anyone would buy a subaru if you had to pay £100's every 6 months for a diff rebuild? (honest question)

i haven't seen oil change recommendations as low as 3,750 miles before, usually 6k miles or 6 months on the classics and 10k miles or 12 months on the new age

good idea to have a full service done (by a garage that you trust), when you have the cam belt done make sure they change the pulley's too

• Like 1

Interesting that the service schedule for the rear diff oil only says that it should be inspected every 30,000 miles. Not changed. I can't help thinking that if you're going to go to all the trouble of inspecting it than you might as well change it.

Remember when you inspect your diff oil (or gearbox oil) you are not looking for colour change as transmission oil doesn't change colour when it goes off... You need to smell it! The stronger the smell, the older it is.

gampla, an average car does 10k a year, do you think anyone would buy a subaru if you had to pay £100's every 6 months for a diff rebuild? (honest question)

i haven't seen oil change recommendations as low as 3,750 miles before, usually 6k miles or 6 months on the classics and 10k miles or 12 months on the new age

good idea to have a full service done (by a garage that you trust), when you have the cam belt done make sure they change the pulley's too

that was off a site when i get one ill get a haynes manual for it