I am the proud owner of a scooby now! All i have ever dreamed of :D

nyall7

HI GUYS, JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF.

MY NAME IS NYALL, I AM FROM SOUTHAMPTON AND I HAVE FINALLY BOUGHT MYSELF MY DREAM CAR, A SUBARU IMPREZA :)

TO SAY I AM LIKE A KID AT XMAS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!

I AM COMPLETELY NEW TO SCOOBYS, I HAVE VIRTUALLY NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEM. ONLY STUFF I DO KNOW IS WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE TOLD ME WHO OWN OR PREVIOUSLY HAVE OWNED IMPREZAS. AM HOPING TO LOOK THROUGH THE FORUM AND CHANGE MY KNOWLEDGE A BIT.

MY CAR IS A 1998 IMPORT, WRX STI. 

THE ENGINE CODE IS ej20kdw7pr  I AM HOPING YOU CAN TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS MODEL AND WHAT IT MEANS  :D 

HERE IS A PIC OF IT

Thanks

post-3094-0-26759800-1411141153_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - that is a great looking motor, for your car we would need the model code for some more info - I can tell you your engine is a 2.0 litre from the EJ20 part and from the year it could be a version IV or V.

We have a fair few members with a world of classics knowledge who may be able to supply more info, feel free to get stuck into the forum as we are fortunate to have some friendly characters floating about

according to this

http://www.type-ra.com/what-model-is-my-impreza/

it is a WRX STI Version IV

model code GC8E4ED

Gearbox TY752VBCAA

Engine you already have EJ20KDW7PR

280 BHP as standard

this site gives the differences most notably with yours... ( http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php/42-*STICKY*-Differences-between-each-year-of-STi)

Version IV (09/97 – 08/98) - GC8E
Power remained at 280 PS but torque was raised from 253 lbs./ft of torque to 260. Forged pistons were also added.
The interior and the cockpit were changed into a newer design along with the new "White colour" gauges.

• Like 1

yes buddy its an import but he doesnt understand how they have got it wrong when it was imported

and jay thank you for the info, i cannot find anything online myself

so is this just an sti then? and it can not possibly be a wrx sti?

Some people call it a Wrx sti or just a sti there is no difference !!

Ask the purists they won't call it that , Dvla ***** up all the time and put sport or what ever they think is nearest!

Only issue you might have is resale

oh sorry bud, just wanted to know what it actually was lol

he said it would be cheaper on insurance for me but can understand with the resale.

how much do you think my car is worth? 143000km on the clock and had a complete respray. everything is sound on it engine, tyres and whatever else. Underseals fine, no rust anywhere on car, drives perfect