Changing tyre size?

Hi guys,

I've got 215/45/17's my mates got a set of 215/50/17's for sale. So can i switch from 45's to 50's?

I find i feel alot of the bumps on the roads, so was wondering if going up to 50's would east that a little?

Would this cause any problems with my speedo?

thanks in advance

edit, oh i looked on this site. - http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

Scroll down, it checks the difference between the two sizes.

In this case, it says "Difference in diameter: 3.52% Actual diameter change: 22mm" and "We recommend a MAXIMUM of +/- 2.5% difference"

maybe its not such a good idea. mmmhhmmm

Should be fine with that mate just the profile that is changing, might alter the speedo a little bit but don't think be by much 

you think? hmmm, not sure whether to risk it or not. Rather play safe than sorry and potentially damage the car somehow.

The car will only be damaged if you mix tyre sizes. As long as all four tyres are the same size as each other you'll be OK. Yes the speedo may be slightly out but I bet it already is anyway!

• Like 2

I wouldn't Tom....if you want a deeper side profile you really need to drop down to 16s. Not sure your insurance company would be happy with the change in rolling radius, never mind your car or the long arm of the law regarding your speedo reading

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wouldn't Tom....if you want a deeper side profile you really need to drop down to 16s. Not sure your insurance company would be happy with the change in rolling radius, never mind your car or the long arm of the law regarding your speedo reading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the advice mate, I'll probably just go with some new tyres or something. rather be safe than sorry n all that !Removed!.

• Like 1