The Rant! Thread

Gambit

Got the scoob fixed (non categorised ) still gotta go to court about the injury settlement though 🙄

Unfortunately I had to switch insurance companies as they wanted over £1.5k for both scoobs with a non fault claim  ,even though I'd been with them for nearly a decade .

I ended up insured through a classic car company for the v1sti and the v7 sti ,non fault incident  , all mods declared, agreed value , recovery ect for £870 

Which is about £200 more than I was paying just for the v1sti , the year before .

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

i hate it when you ask a garage how much they charge for a timing belt to be changed, they only chance the belt, why do all that work to not change the timing rollers and idlers, it would make sense to change the whole timing belt with a timing belt kit, but that is extra, i would be pi##ed off if a timing idler failed after they changed the timing belt. they also charge extra for a water pump aswell, it kinda stupid that well known garages charge extra for something that is important to be working. why not include the cost of timing belt kit and water pump into the price. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2014 at 11:03 AM, Scooby Pete said:

I'll add idiots who drive round with their fog light on when there is no fog.

I once pulled up long side a car with their fog light on and called out Dave! Dave! is that you?

He said "Sorry mate I'm not Dave"

"Oh it was hard to tell with this fog" I say

"its not Foggy" He said

"Then why do you have your fog lights on?" I asked

Luckily he had a sense of humour and we both laughed as he turned them off.

I was taught that if you can't see 3 street lamps ahead in fog then you need the fog light on, otherwise you don't need it.

Nice humor