The Rant! Thread

Gambit

Letter from DVLA today, as my driving licence is about to expire (you did know they did that, didn't you?). So, apply by post, but must be with NEW photo OR apply online, and they will use the stored passport photo - no matter how old it is, or even if it is the same as on your old licence (which mine is)! Where is the sense in any of this? I look nothing like my nine year old passport photo and, if I renew online, I will look nothing like my new driving licence photo. When I renew my passport next year, I bet they will say to use my driving licence photo! I will be in my box, and still look 40 on my documents!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cleaned the car up a bit, as going in for service tomorrow, and body condition check, and found more stone chips - this time on the rear offside door. At least I now know what the banging noise I heard on the M1 were! 

• 1 month later...

Never use Parcelforce.

Sold my old graphics card on eBay, went to the post office on Wednesday 29/06 and was advised to send it via parcelforce to get proper insurance to cover it and it worked out slightly cheaper as well for the 48 hour service so it was due to be delivered on the 1/7. So on Monday when I checked the tracking to see if it had been delivered, the tracking only showed that it had been collected from the post office and hadn't even made it to a sorting office. 

Got in touch with Parcelforce, was advised that it looks like it had been given to the wrong driver... despite it being a large package with a massive Parcelforce label on it. It finally updated on the 4th to say that it had made it to the sorting office which is a whopping 15 miles away from the post office I dropped it off and it got delivered today.

I was advised by Parcelforce via twitter to put in a claim since there was a delay, just found out that my compensation is £2.70... and it will be a cheque. Will cost me more than that to get to the bank to deposit it!! What an absolute joke... gonna complain tomorrow as I feel that £2.70 is an absolute joke, even more so than the fact it took them 5 days to transport a package 15 miles.

• 5 weeks later...

Hardly call it stagnant build thread,more like ever evolving project !

I could have walked to Sheffield picked one up and brought it down quicker for you !

Feel your anger, while we're on the topic of !Removed! customer service,

Scooby world take the **** and Their customer service is atrocious, admittedly not the biggest purchase ever but I bought a seat cover on the 27th

Said delivery within 4 days, needles to say I'm still waiting.

Fired off an email with no response 😠

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah , the Mrs would agree that it's certainly evolved into a bit more than a exhaust and remap [emoji55].

You know me stants there's always something scooby to do and It's just frustrating not being able to get the map tweeked yet, even though I "own" all the bits I need to fit prior to mapping [emoji57].

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

Still waiting for the billet fuel rails to turn up as well [emoji57] then i fit the parallel fuel rails, fuel lab fpr and z32 maf ....

After doing that at least I can tell the mrs that just a exhaust and remap and I'll be happy [emoji23]

Well happy with under the bonnet and time to get the respray done [emoji39]

• Like 1

the "new" track day zorst finally turned up today but hey this is the rant thread so why am I not updating my build thread with this post ......

Cos when I opened the box the rear section is used [emoji36] [emoji35] ffs if I wanted another second hand exhaust I'd have kept the extra £250 in my pocket and bought 1.

0c250f83f80f8025c60dbce671f9e558.jpge277bc01f86c373c7244eb6def2ac911.jpgd2725d29c654d1b5604688073e02e452.jpg

Currently waiting for the excuse and a replacement [emoji111] [emoji109]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I should have updated this ,as I was quite miffed at the time of the "rant" and don't like to bad mouth business .Especially smaller ones as I run my own and know how difficult it is to earn a good rep , let alone keep it once you've struggled to earn it .

It came directly from cobra so has their lifetime warranty but I bought it from a eBay company (piranha uk) that sells genuine cobra systems at discount prices. Think it works out about £300 cheaper for the track day system due to not having the extra labour costs to polish the pipework.

So basically the only difference is brushed stainless steel pipework with mirror polished boxes for £406 delivered.(instead of £700 + )

a genuine mix up at cobra ment I had a new centre section and second hand back box delivered by mistake ( hence the rant ) .

End results were excellent customer service from the eBay company (piranha uk ) and cobra. Cobra fabricated me a new rear section Thursday and it was on my door step Saturday.

I'm well chuffed with the system, sporty boxer sound but no droning on the carriage way .

There's a few pics on my build thread but I haven't got round to getting a vid on there yet .

• Like 1

Some bloke used to keep parking that close to my mums car even though he lived 10 doors down [emoji35] we asked him to kindly either leave a bit more space or park outside his own house but he kept doing it .......

Well untill me n my dad came back from the pub 1 Sunday afternoon, picked up the back of his metro , walked it 9 spaces down the road and dropped it outside his own front door [emoji123]

Even though the alarm went off and his curtains twitched he didn't want to come outside [emoji15]

But he always parked outside his own house from then onwards [emoji23]

• Like 2

He wasn't close at first. I had the scoob parked on the end but then got home from a day out in the Grande to find no space and this clown. So I pushed the scoob up his chuf and Grande in the end. I'm sure he'll be rather upset some old motor is right up him but plenty of room to pull out. I hope he can manage.

• Like 1

What is it with lazy barstewards at work who think its ok to stand about doing feck all or chatting up the young lass in the office all day every day while you work your little !Removed! off then when you stop for a couple minutes for a wee rest or a drink of juice etc your the one that gets ripped apart for ''just standing around'' bunch of fecking twats :censored::mad2:

• 1 month later...

Followed an WRX STI the other night on the way to Largs on the west coast. Doing 23mph in a 30mph road. The car looked brand new so he might have been trying to keep i clean. But seriously it gets frustrating. Listen to the turbo, it sounds great when it gets going. lol.