GTAV.... 1st person mode?!?!

yeah i knew u meant shooter but i dont really see gta as a shooter not with the other elements,

but i did mean frames on my bit   :)

The gpu's or apu's I should say arn't designed to be pushed further its just they have less overhead, and the way the API communicates with hardware. with dx12 looking to improve that on both pc and xb1.

If you look at the gpu power measured in teraflops the xb1 at 1.32, the ps4 is 1.84

my r9 290x is at 5.6,

Titan Z is at 8.1

r9 295x2 is 11.5 

yes those are quite expensive atm, but they will be replaced by cheaper and faster cards in the next year but you can see how far behind consoles are already.

The card closest to console in terms of performance is a r7 260x at 2.0 teraflops which is a rebranded HD 7790 which is basically what the ps4 is running,  a £90 graphics card which will get you your 30-60fps at 1080p and would be considered a budget card

where are you getting the 3 year mark from? you cant base that on previous gen as when the 360 and ps3 came out they were ahead of the times and more powerful than the pc gaming unless you had a very top end rig. PC was playing catch up.maybe then it took 3 years for pc to catch up

Game developers have already said how easy it is to make games for these consoles (apart for the esram on xb1) because they are so similar to pc in terms of structure. xb1 is running on dx11 and will get the dx12 upgrade once thats available, where as ps4 is using there own api.

in 3 years time yeh they may have improved and get a little more from the consoles but pc hardware is still storming along, i mean look at the new nvidia cards supersampling 4k onto a 1080p screen today, 4k cards dropping in price everyweek, 4k tv's and monitors also

I clearly know far less than you as in nothing :D I don't look at it that much I was basing it on the 360 as lets face it, can only go back to them or the PS1 as in terms of consoles. the Xbox one has been out just a year now and would have expect the same to be pushed from these as the 360. But I guess not, I might sell it now the piece of **** I feel robbed. Oh well I had a good year out of it  :lol: But I will still stand by that comparing consoles and PC is like chalk and cheese, how ever you want to look at them, similar but not the same.

And are you talking about the £800+ Graphics cards I've never spent much over £100 myself in the past 6 years now as I was saying before thats the bad side of PC you will always be playing catch up to be on top of the hardware. I did use to do that spent 1000's on the !Removed! things getting the next best Gcard out on the market but really see the point now my monitors happy running stuff that looks nice enough to my eyes. 

haha just like to fight the pc corner :) 

compared to 360 yes the xb1 is huge upgrade and if you never played on pc then you would never know what you missing :p

I tend to upgrade my pc once every 3 years, not because I have to but I like doing it and I will spend a fair chunk when I do, last build cost me £1500 including 1440p monitor

the cards mentioned above the titan z is something like £1100 which i would never spend on a card, the r9 295x2 is £499 and the r9 290x which i spent £440 on 7months ago you can now get for £256. thats nearly £200 dropped in 7months its me that feels robbed lol

I've always had both PC and Consoles and have never really placed them in the same boat, so don't fight in either corner ;) And like you I remember spending loads on Pc's I got drunk one night and went computer shopping on Overclockers. Mistake that was over £2000 later I gave the credit card a thrashing it wasn't until like you said 6 months later it had come down in price so I'd never bothered again after that. I used to build all my own Pc's at one point too, last two I've had I've bought and just upgraded the parts inside as in the ram and Gcard and PSU cheaper to do it that way for me now. I don't always get the time to play games either like I used to. COD I used to play in a league I was dam good if I do say so myself and was in a massive world tournament each week with Battlefield 2 which if I do say so myself I was maybe one of the best chopper pilots in that game :D Only Pc game I've played of late that I have really enjoyed has to be Dayz well for a mod I should say it s the best I've played shame the blokes got his money and can't be arsed with the standalone now :( 

But I must admit looking at another Gcard myself at the minute as a small upgrade but nothing like the ones you look at I don't even SLI them anymore :D 

my 360 spent most its life used as a media centre before I gave it to my 4yr old, its chipped so keeps him happy.  My pc is my primary for gaming. I wont get a console until they drop to around the £200 mark and then I will prob just give it to my kids lol.

I used to play in a clanbase league and cup for swat 4 :) we were ranked 1st in 5v5 and 2v2 and won the cup a few times... ahh good memories lol

the only thing I miss about consoles is the driving games there is no pc alternative that comes close to forza or Gran Turismo

I recoup some of the cost of the machine in the cheaper games using key sites as they are not against steam tos unless you have to use a vpn to activate it.

like u can get cod for £18 today, far cry 4 for £28, Assassins creed unity £23 I bought watchdogs on day of release for £18 I have nearly 90 games on my steam library lol, 15 or so on origin

My oldest lad plays the PC more than I do he has his own PC now though hence why I'm thinking I need an upgrade and he can have my old card  :lol: Didn't play swat 4 at all. I got fed up with the Cod games after the 1st modern warfare that was the turning point I think when I stopped doing the leagues, and hackers. I fell in the trap of WOW  :unsure: I now hate that game :D but I made some money from it selling accounts lol still kept one as my main though until they stopped selling so well but stuck with the account now otherwise id have probably sold it too.

I did download the Heist when it was free on steam but not even played it :( But I do play more Forza most, like you said and I agree it's what makes them really, didn't like the new grid game either on PC. Other games I've started to like the odd few like heavy rain on Ps3 it's games like that why I end up with both consoles can't get them on any other platform. I did read they're doing Dayz on the Ps4 I think it's going to be horrid myself that is a pc only game :) 

yes wow, its a dirty little secret lol I hadnt played in over a year and just bought the new one :(

games shouldnt make you want to take a shower after haha

payday 2 is fun but gets repetitive pretty quick, grid 2 I liked and the graphics on that are really good, and nfs shift 2 also. I didnt like the new grid or nfs rivals.

Will probably get the crew and project cars

Must be two years for me I think since I last played it and about 3 or 4 before that. Was ruined by kids playing it then quitting or moaning all the time. :( I see they have a new part of the game out I had an email. What have they done increased the level cap and played with the graphics a bit or something ?

yeh increased lvl cap to 100, dumbed down the spells more and got rid of loads. added a few new features like building a garrison as your base. tweaked the graphics slightly.

I didnt plan on getting it was talked into it a day before release. will try out the raids again but am already losing interest I never bother with the lore and have no idea what the story is I just like to raid and get epics lol.

WoW took part of my life and seeing the new expansions and raised level cap just makes me sad because I miss playing it :( lol. I've got a pretty decent spec pc but I prefer console gaming, just seems more equal? Think that's the right term

Far cry is one of those games I play over a long time doing bits here and there. Took me months for the last one.

Only one problem with gta, well 2 really. Money is really hard to come by if you want everything. With a top costing 1 mill and you getting around 10000 a job at best it takes a lot of time to raise the cash. Crew challenges help a lot but you're limited. At the minute there's done paying out 250000 for an easy challenge but I imagine rockstar will lock that down pretty soon

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

going into top end pc gaming is best done with patience!! I bought my 7990 last December just as they were discontinued, picked it up for £350 which was a bargain price because at that time the crypto currency boom happened. If i wanted to, i could have sold the card straight away for a £200 profit, I didn't obviously :D

Card still holds it's own today... limiting factor for it is VRAM, altho I am tempted to buy a 280x used for around £100 and have 3 way crossfire! Should be able to play FC4 maxed out at 1080p hopefully :D

I've never got into pc gaming, I've just never seen the point. The big games nearly always come out initially for consoles and sometimes never for PC. It's full of hackers so you never get a fair game unless you hack too. And I can play the latest games on the best consoles for a few hundred quid. I get the graphics etc are generally better but pc games have hackers all the time, when it happened to gta 360 on xbox the game was unplayable and I put it away for a month waiting for the patches as people were stealing your cars, your money glitching your game so you had nothing or just driving around in indestructible tanks. It was crap. On a PC game I imagine it'll always be like that.

At least with consoles its do much harder to hack or mod so the playing field is much more level

Not saying PC gaming is rubbish, it's clearly not, I just think PC gaming has more people who are looking to break the code and get the advantage

pc has far more exclusives than consoles, and nearly every big game comes out the same time as console, and cheaer. even games that were xb1 exclusive such as ryse son of rome are out on the pc.

I barely see any hackers there are several anti cheat things implemented on servers, they get banned. I am not saying there are no hackers as there is but there was was hackers on 360 and ps3 and its only a matter of time until the ps4/xb1. I cannot remember the last time I played against a hacker. so to think that the games are full of hackers is crazy considering pc gaming has over taker consoles in amount of users.

I'm yet to play any game and not see a hacker or a glitcher on pc if I'm being honest not every time I play or even every week or month but I do see them. Even our clans server we used to have to ban people they will always find ways around anti hack stuff counter strike
was the worst one I remember they destroyed that game. As for xbox exclusive on pc it is Microsoft that owns them so it will happen. Price of the game's I guess you pay enough in the hardware. Matt you are not kidding you're very anti console lol [emoji23]

He's PC fanboy [emoji2]

Games might be cheaper but if you factor in the cost of hardware id suggest that for the average person the cost per game is probably more.

Nothing against PCs just a lot of effort, and I'm sorry but hackers and modders are everywhere on PC, yes they pop up on consoles but generally its at release and a patch or two later it's all over, as with gta for the 360.

I doubt this, I think you'll find consoles are here t stay whether you like it or not.

I've seen these surveys before when they talk about PC gaming, yes it's the biggest games market but not for the big budget stuff, card games etc are the biggest market.

The biggest games market out there today is actually mobile device games, candy crush and card/puzzle games. Doesn't mean that mobile devices will mean the end of the console.