BTCC

mfnick

Back this weekend!

Anyone else looking forward to it? Looking forward to seeing the new Type R in action and been a few team changes since last year.

I'm backing Gordan Shedden :)

I Love BTCC.

I H8 Team Dynamics

I Despise Matt Neal

I love Plato

I Love Rob Austin and Sherman

Plato for the Win!!!!

My Dream is to buy West Surrey Racing as they are down the road from me, convert them to a Scoob Chassis and enter the BTCC.

All I need to do is win the lottery, convince Alan Gow to allow 2ltr flat fours and we are a go.

• Like 2

Back this weekend!

Anyone else looking forward to it? Looking forward to seeing the new Type R in action and been a few team changes since last year.

I'm backing Gordan Shedden :)

Type-R I thought we had a swear remover on this forum ;) 

• Like 2

Under

I was going to ask why Subaru arnt in the BTCC and it looks like you have answered my question

So why no flat fours then?

MONEY!

Under current regs the flat four should be allowed as a 2ltr variant, I think it's more likley the stumbling block would be the AWD.

There's enough debate over the parity between FWD and RWD cars as it is, adding AWD in to the mix would make it even more complicated.

Plus the cost of developing a NGTC subaru would be far too much for a non factory based team, it would require Subaru themselves to get involved, and they haven't invested in Motorsport for nearly a decade.

(The American team is an independent, the Nurberg endurance team is independant, as far as I know there is not factory support for any Suabru Motorsport teams.)

The only successful AWD touring car was the super touring Audi's. Regs weren't quite so strict and teams got away with an awful lot of "interpretation" of the rules and regs. Other AWD touring cars like a Ford Mondeo and AWD Nissan Primera a were not as succeful, they were in Touring car series with much stricter regulations at the time.

Common consensus is that AWD racing cars are not as good as their 2 wheel drive counterparts, and that

AWD belongs on the rally stage not the track.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha looks like you and I are against each other in this then Pete. I don't want Plato to win and TD are the ones I'm routing for. Sheddon over Neal though, by far!

Spoilers from Brands Hatch if you've not seen it yet -

I've been really busy so,only just caught up with Brands Hatch. How !Removed! awesome were rounds 2 & 3?! :D Think the new rule of fastest lap Bet you were gutted about Plato in the second race eh? Got to admit although Sheddon won, Plato was a lot faster in that race. Although Sheddon still did the fastest lap in round 3 if I remember rightly? So obviously the TD Type R has the pace :). Must have been the fight he was having against Priaulx in 3rd that slowed him down. Speaking of Priaulx, what a awesome racer he is. Got straight in there! Definitely going to be following him this season if he keeps it up. Exactly how a former champ should be on return - found Menu disappointing last season for that reason.

Any place that does highlights for this anyone know just so I can catch up seen a few things on facebook saying it's been great this year. 

Oh and Pete Subaru have been supporting motorsport but just in Japan and stateside. :( 

It's been awesome so far mate. Apart from the very first race at Brands Hatch they've all been brill races. Especially the 3rd at Donnington. Which was also my favourite race from last year thinking about it.

Anyway, highlights are in ITV on Thursday at 2:30am if you've got a box to record it mate.

Got a box just wondered if could catch up on past ones. Thimk it was Donnington that was mentioned on Facebook by someone else. I feel I need to watch now lol. I'll see if I can source then from somewhere I'll let you know [emoji3]

I like all motorsport really motogp I keep an eye on I do with wrc still not that I think wrc is any good anymore [emoji20] I've only watched bits though of this when on motorsport tv. But enough people here and Scottishtaffy rattling on about It on Facebook has peeked my interest lol

Skipped the first race. Just watched the 2nd one, mainly because it's been so long since I had last watched BTCC but yep wow more of that please be watching it again. :) Some awesome racing.

I'm a huge BTCC fan - always make sure I get to a few meets each season.

Was at the Brands Hatch opener, and will definitely be heading up to Rockingham again this year as that was a great meeting last season (the sunshine helped).

I follow the small independent team Houseman Racing. Lea Wood has been their driver for the past few seasons, but this season they've changed drivers and so I'll be rooting for Stewart Lines. He's new to BTCC but has had good success in other formulas including winning the Volkswagen Cup.

Lea Wood used to run a Vauxhall Vectra S2000, but they recently upgraded to the NGTC Toyota Avensis. Looking forward to Thruxton in a weeks time.

• Like 1